Kill the Father
£12.99 saving £2.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
February 2017 Debut of the Month.
A huge, almost sprawling thriller awaits, yet one that is ferocious, intense, and so, so readable. Set in Italy, Dante Torre and Captain Columba Caselli, both tortured souls, are enticed into the investigation of a child who has gone missing after his mother was beheaded. This is a complex case, filled with action, it quickly gains momentum. Every now and then a pause in proceedings, ‘before’ sections, allow access to the detailed brutality that defines Columba and Dante. Sandrine Dazieri has created a pair of fascinating leading characters, I was by their side and on their side. This is a fairly lengthy read, but I didn't want it to put it down as I raced through and thoroughly enjoyed the ride. ‘Kill The Father’ felt satisfyingly complete, and yet I was left wanting more, what a truly fabulous start to a new series. ~ Liz Robinson
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can click here to read the full reviews.
- Phylippa Smithson - 'Totally absorbing thriller set predominantly in modern day Rome – I was hooked from the very first paragraph to the final page. Brilliant.'
- Lynne Morgan - 'This is a tremendously exciting thriller, the pace is very fast and furious, and it doesn’t let up right to the very end of the story.'
- Melanie Kane - 'Having just finished this novel all I can say is utterly, utterly brilliant...Will we see a sequel? I surely hope so.'
- Kate Thacker - 'Loved this one right from the beautiful cover, so dark yet so promising I knew I was in for a treat.'
- Laura Nazmdeh - 'This is a complex and well written thriller with a really intricate plot. Featuring plenty of twists, great characters and lots of suspense, it's a long book but well worth a read!'
- Suzanne Marsh - 'I liked how the author changed a few abbreviations of the Italian law enforcement and armed forces agencies in order to afford the author greater freedom in the description of the way they operate.'
- Beverley Davenport - 'Gripping and intelligent, a book to get you burning the midnight oil.'
- Michelle Mckernan - 'This book is brilliant. The author has packed in so many twists and turns that it’s impossible to put down. The ending really surprised me which is always a plus.'
- Chloe Hill - 'This book is every bit as awesome as it looks. It is an insanely cool thriller with characters you won't forget.'
- Suzanne James - ' If you like your thrillers dark and chilling then this is one for you. A race against time, a battle with personal demons and plot twists that keep you hooked to the very end.'
- Carrie Jones - 'The final section of the novel is complex, unable to be predicted and ultimately satisfying. It is such a visual novel, it will make a terrifyingly tense film.'
- Chris Bertenshaw - 'A gripping thriller about the return of a kidnapper, and the engaging couple that must solve the mystery of his latest crime.'
- Kristy West - 'Twisting, turning, edge-of-your-seat page turner, that you'll struggle to put down!'
- Ian Watkin - 'Don't hesitate. Buy this book now and you won't regret it. This is the best thriller/kidnap/murder mystery novel I have read for years...a must read for 2017.'
- Sarah Tilley - 'Terrific book that will keep you completely immersed until the end. Just make sure you reserve plenty of time as you will not want to put this one down!'
Kill the Father by Sandrone Dazieri
In this fascinatingly complex thriller, two people, each shattered by their past, team up to solve a series of killings and abductions...When a woman is beheaded in a park outside Rome and her six-year-old son goes missing, the police unit assigned to the case sees an easy solution: they arrest the woman's husband and await his confession. But the Chief of Rome's Major Crimes unit doubts things are so simple. Secretly, he lures to the case two of Italy's top analytical minds: Deputy Captain Colomba Caselli, a fierce, warrior-like detective still reeling from having survived a bloody catastrophe, and Dante Torre, a man who spent his childhood trapped inside a concrete silo. Fed through the gloved hand of a masked kidnapper who called himself 'The Father', Dante emerged from his ordeal with crippling claustrophobia but, also, with an unquenchable thirst for knowledge and hyper-observant capacities. All evidence suggests that 'The Father' is back and active after being dormant for decades. Indeed, he has left tell-tale signs that signal he's looking forward to a reunion with Dante. But when Columba and Dante begin following the ever-more-bizarre trail of clues, they grasp that what's really going on is darker than they ever imagined.
About the Author
Publication date9th February 2017
More books by Sandrone Dazieri
Author 'Like for Like'
PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
CategoriesCrime & mystery
Why I love @lovereadinguk? It's in the name - as dedicated lovers of reading, they are perfect matchmakers for helping me find my next read!Catherine Jenkins
For me, to read is to learn, to reflect, to escape, to think, to contemplate and my time for space and calm.Sally Ellsmore
If you love reading, then you'll love Lovereading! Full of tips & info for every discerning reader.Lynne Rapson
At Lovereading there are fabulous books available in every genre, with great reviews to help you pick the right book for you.Teresa O'Halloran
Lovereading does a stella job in promoting both new and established authors.Iris Clements
The best new books on the market, reviewed honestly, to give your readers the best choices.Julie Cook
Lovereading always comes up with great suggestions and has introduced me to enjoyable books and new authors to discover.Gaynor Passmore
Lovereading recommends, honestly reviews and promotes books-what more can I say?!Rachel Bridgeman