LoveReading is thrilled to announce the launch of The Very Short Story Award 2019! If you think you have a story we'll love, click here to find out more and how to enter:Find out more
The Para Fitness Guide Flick Book is a handy pocket-sized guide to keeping fit that will help keep your New Year resolutions on track. So for those of us who can't afford a personal fitness expert - that's probably most of us then! - this flick book is the next best thing! This smart new format which easily fits into your pocket and durable cards, means everyone can get fit using this easy to follow 8 week programme. An iPhone app has also been released so visit the Apple iTunes store to be fully equipped with the Para Fitness iPhone App. With our help you can be fighting fit in time for your summer hols!
How to use the Flick Book:
Inspired by the PARAS training programme the Flick Book cards open out like a fan, work through the front side, then flick it over and do the same for the reverse side. For quick reference each section is colour-coded.
• Part 1: Get Ready for Anything…The Essentials
• Part 2: Preparing for War...Warm up and Stretching
• Part 3: The P Company Spartan Programme [no frills]...Running, press up, dips, Pull ups, Abs, core stability, legs, squats, whole body exercises, some MOTIVATIONAL TIPS and of course 8 WEEK BY WEEK TRAINING PROGRAMMES!!
• Part 4: Standard Operating Procedures...Cooling Down...
• Part 5: The P Company Emperor Programme [with frills]...weight training to build up more strength and muscle tone
• Part 6: Aspirational Challenge
Publication date: 10/12/2011
Publisher: Osprey Publishing
|Publication date:||10th December 2011|
|Genres:||Lifestyle & Health,|
|Categories:||Exercise & workout books,|
Sam McGrath was the youngest soldier to achieve the rank of major since the Second World War and has been running the selection course for the crack Parachute Regiment for the last three years. In his spare time he organises the Para 10 – a charity 10 mile race which anyone can enter as long as they are prepared to run in combat boots and carrying a rucksack. This year he also completed the Bob Graham Round for Help for Heroes – an endurance challenge climbing 42 peaks in the Lake District with a combined vertical ascent of 27,000ft over 72 miles – and ...More About Sam McGrath