What Alice Knew
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
December 2016 Debut of the Month and eBook of the Month.
What Alice Knew is enough to devastate anyone. Admittedly I would not always have acted as she did but OMG she had some tough choices to make after a dreadful set of circumstances befell her. Poor woman. Much soul-searching and agony ensues. She, Alice, is a portrait painter and we are given an astute insight into the mind of such an artist and her interpretation of the modern art world. He, Ed her husband, is a highly respected obstetrician with a protégé who has a party after his exams and that is where our problem arises. I loved this book, really found it impossible to draw away from, once finished it haunted me for days. Compulsive, informative and very thought-provoking. I admire Mr Cotterell’s ability to portray a woman until the very end when I think he went a tad too far but it makes for a great ending. ~ Sarah Broadhurst
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can click here to read the full reviews.
- Lucy Copes - 'Fantastic book! A rollercoaster of emotion as if you were really with Alice the whole way, going through her crazy life. A definite page-turner which will keep you hooked even once you've read it.'
- Ruth Carson-Byrne - 'A real page-turner, this book is difficult to put down and gets right into the heart of a couple's relationship and dissects it with precision.'
- Anne-Marie Mendieta - 'A complete page-turner, I was engrossed and gripped from the very first page!'
- Natasha Potter - 'Think this book is going to be stuck in my head for a while. Definitely one I can't wait for my friends to read so I can talk about it. 5 stars.'
- Diane Hinchley - 'With twists and turns throughout you'll be captivated until the last page. Highly recommended.'
- Carneika Washbrook - 'Is this a thriller? A mystery? Who cares! I couldn't put this book down until it was finished, and by the end - wow!'
- Phylippa Smithson - 'At times a plodding murder cover up, but to get to the end will serve to justify the remarkably slow build up as it leads to one amazing crescendo at almost the final page.'
- Alison Burns - 'I rattled through it and enjoyed the author's writing style, all the while imagining what the final twists and turns the plot would take...I will look out for this author in future.'
- Victoria Whish - 'What would you do if you knew what Alice knew? A clever, psychological thriller about a night out that has far reaching implications for a marriage and family.'
- Edel Waugh - 'All in all it is a terrific story with an ending open to interpretation that will have you thinking of the story again and again.'
What Alice Knew by TA Cotterell
Alice has a perfect life - a great job, happy kids, a wonderful husband. Until he goes missing one night; she receives a suspicious phone call; things don't quite add up.
Alice needs to know what's going on. But when she uncovers the truth she faces a brutal choice. And how can she be sure it is the truth?
Sometimes it's better not to know. An addictive debut for fans of tense, thought-provoking novels such as Liane Moriarty's The Husband's Secret and Clare Macintosh's I Let You Go.
'A beautifully-written debut. Keeps you turning the pages right up to the shock ending that will doubtless come as a complete surprise - one that will stay with you long after you've finished reading...' Louise Voss
The suspense [is] beautifully sustained ... the writing is finely crafted.' Joanne Harris
About the Author
Publication date1st December 2016
More books by TA Cotterell
Author 'Like for Like'
PublisherTransworld Digital an imprint of Random House (Digital)
FormatElectronic book text
CategoriesCrime & mystery
I love Lovereading because I get to read great books and then get to tell everybody how good they are.Sally Doel
Lovereading has all the new books and also suggestions for 'similar' authors whilst waiting for your favourites new books.Carol Peace
The selections are so varied and the reader reviews are so helpful. A fantastic website for those who love books.Ann Quintilla
Lovereading takes the guesswork out of finding your next read with "if you like you'll love" and extracts to help with your decision.Sarah Bruch
Lovereading always comes up with great suggestions and has introduced me to enjoyable books and new authors to discover.Gaynor Passmore
Lovereading helps me decide what real people read.Kerry Bridges
If you LOVE reading then you will love LOVEREADING! It's a 'novel' idea. Seriously though I could not recommend them enough.Rebecca Whymark
As for why I'd recommend Lovereading, it's simple - it's a great place to get information and reviews about new books!Margaret Freeman