The Bone FieldThe Bone Field Series Series
£12.99 saving £2.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
January 2017 Book of the Month.
A series? By Simon Kernick? Yes please! Two faces, who were unknown to each other in previous books, join forces in this powerful, fast moving and intoxicating tale. Trouble starts to hunt Ray Mason down after he promises a grieving couple justice, he tells his own story over five days in a no-nonsense direct style. The two main characters are a wonderfully maverick pair, yet their moral compass, while occasionally directionally challenged, remains steadfast. Simon Kernick piles on the tension as he sets events in motion, each link tightens and burns with energy. A vivid, striking hit of complete escapism, ‘The Bone Field’ is an action-packed and mind-gripping start to a new series that promises to deliver in spades. ~ Liz Robinson
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can click here to read the full reviews.
- Lynda DeFreitas - 'The story is gripping – the plot well thought out...I'm looking forward to the next instalment of Simon Kernick's new series'
- Rachael Anderson - 'The first book in what I suspect will be a must read crime series...This is a fast paced thriller which I would heartedly recommend.'
- Sheila Dale - 'Great initial presentation, good characters well written and a fantastic plot. If you haven't read Kernick before do it NOW!!'
- Maz Tucker - 'It was full of action from start to finish. The plot and characters came to life.'
- Sarah Musk - 'This book is very readable, clearly written and fast paced. If you like a complex, dark, fast paced thriller - then read The Bone Field.'
- Susan Andrews - 'I didn't really enjoy this book, did I need to go back to finish it? Yes! It kept me reading.'
- Laura Rowland - 'This book is a great example of a murder mystery read that will keep you enthralled and fascinated by each twist and turn throughout the storyline.'
- Margaret Freeman - 'A gripping, fast action thriller. I thoroughly enjoyed The Bone Field by Simon Kernick. It's the first of his books that I've read, but it won't be the last.'
- Phylippa Smithson - 'This had so much potential but was quite simply average.'
- Daran Bellingham - 'The end leaves you wanting more, which I like as this is the first part of Kernick's new series.'
- Kerry Bridges - 'A fast paced read which left me hanging...'
- Lizzy Dingemans - 'Perfect for long time fans of Kernick and new readers alike - a gritty thriller with a great twist to finish!'
- Carol Peace - 'This was a fast paced and edge of your seat kind of read and I devoured it in 2 sittings.'
- Julie Evans - 'Fantastic, thrilling! This book is one of the best that I have read for a long time. It was a page turner from page 1 and kept me hooked all the way through.'
- Cathy Small - 'An enjoyable thriller that will draw you into the character of Ray.'
- Peter Mynehan - 'Although the story took the reader on an exotic journey to Southeast Asia and back, I only found this book to be a relatively mundane run of the mill cop story.'
- Lynette McCann - 'The action doesn't let up and all the characters are really believable leading to a shock ending, leaving readers gasping for another book to follow. Couldn't put this book down.'
The Bone Field by Simon Kernick
The totally gripping and irresistible new thriller from the best-selling author of Stay Alive, The Final Minute and The Witness. When the bones of a 21-year old woman who went missing without trace in Thailand in 1990, are discovered in the grounds of an old Catholic school in Buckinghamshire, an enduring mystery takes on a whole new twist. Her boyfriend at the time, and the man who reported her missing, Henry Forbes, now a middle-aged university lecturer, comes forward with his lawyer and tells DI Ray Mason of the Met's Homicide Command that he knows what happened to Kitty, and who killed her. So begins a hunt for the truth that will focus on a ruthless crime gang, a rich, dysfunctional family with a terrible past, and a highly ambitious man so cruel and ruthless that he must be brought down at any cost...
ReviewsA missing girl. A ruthless crime gang. A man so evil he must be stopped at any cost. DI Ray Mason and PI Tina Boyd begin a desperate hunt for the truth that will take them into a dark and terrifying world of corruption and deadly secrets, where murder is commonplace, and nothing and nobody is safe ... from the publisher's description Hang on tight! -- Harlan Coben A potent cocktail of thrills Guardian Keeps the action breakneck Time Out Doesn't let up till the very last Daily Mirror breathless Sunday Times An addictive thriller full of gritty details and fast frenetic action. Sunday Mirror An adrenaline rush of a read. My Chestnut Reading Tree 'The Bone Field is one of those intriguing novels that surreptitiously gets under your skin.
Jaffa Reads Too A series
? By Simon Kernick? Yes please! [A] powerful, fast moving and intoxicating tale. Love Reading
About the Author
Publication date12th January 2017
More books by Simon Kernick
Author 'Like for Like'
Author's Facebook Latest
PublisherCentury an imprint of Cornerstone
CategoriesCrime & mystery
Thriller / suspense
Modern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
I love 'try before you buy' extracts. I love the wide range of authors & genres. I love the author info. I love books!Judi Davies
Discover new authors and enjoy old favourites; oodles of literary gems to uncover at Lovereading with candid reviews from real reviewers.Emily Wright
It has opened my eyes to different authors and genres. Just log on and try, you will be surprised and not want for reading material again.Jocelyn Garvey
With literary excellence, humour and drama, Lovereading's got value and is a real stress-calmer!Siobhan McDowell
Lovereading - a community of people passionate about reading and sharing their views. An incomparable website for book lovers.Helen Clark
Hooked on books? Give Lovereading a go - for the chance to discover brilliant books, and to see why our members love it so.Claire Hill
Lovereading is not only an amazing site, but it's one of my very favourites. It's like visiting a fascinating bookstore, but better.Rebecca Jayne Barrett
Love books. Love reading. Love reading books. And, here's the trick. Here's a website which caters for people like me.Ian Harvey-brown