The Bone FieldThe Bone Field Series Series
£12.99 saving £2.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
A series? By Simon Kernick? Yes please! Two faces, who were unknown to each other in previous books, join forces in this powerful, fast moving and intoxicating tale. Trouble starts to hunt Ray Mason down after he promises a grieving couple justice, he tells his own story over five days in a no-nonsense direct style. The two main characters are a wonderfully maverick pair, yet their moral compass, while occasionally directionally challenged, remains steadfast. Simon Kernick piles on the tension as he sets events in motion, each link tightens and burns with energy. A vivid, striking hit of complete escapism, ‘The Bone Field’ is an action-packed and mind-gripping start to a new series that promises to deliver in spades. ~ Liz Robinson
January 2017 Book of the Month.
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can click here to read the full reviews.
- Michelle Hodson - 'Thrilling, engaging & fast paced. Simon Kernick at his best.'
- Jayne Burton - 'Fast moving and sometimes harrowing thriller.'
- Sarah Tilley - 'A very powerful book and very enjoyable – just don’t read it late at night!'
- Lynda DeFreitas - 'The story is gripping – the plot well thought out...I'm looking forward to the next instalment of Simon Kernick's new series'
- Rachael Anderson - 'The first book in what I suspect will be a must read crime series...This is a fast paced thriller which I would heartedly recommend.'
- Sheila Dale - 'Great initial presentation, good characters well written and a fantastic plot. If you haven't read Kernick before do it NOW!!'
- Maz Tucker - 'It was full of action from start to finish. The plot and characters came to life.'
- Sarah Musk - 'This book is very readable, clearly written and fast paced. If you like a complex, dark, fast paced thriller - then read The Bone Field.'
- Susan Andrews - 'I didn't really enjoy this book, did I need to go back to finish it? Yes! It kept me reading.'
- Laura Rowland - 'This book is a great example of a murder mystery read that will keep you enthralled and fascinated by each twist and turn throughout the storyline.'
- Margaret Freeman - 'A gripping, fast action thriller. I thoroughly enjoyed The Bone Field by Simon Kernick. It's the first of his books that I've read, but it won't be the last.'
- Phylippa Smithson - 'This had so much potential but was quite simply average.'
- Daran Bellingham - 'The end leaves you wanting more, which I like as this is the first part of Kernick's new series.'
- Kerry Bridges - 'A fast paced read which left me hanging...'
- Lizzy Dingemans - 'Perfect for long time fans of Kernick and new readers alike - a gritty thriller with a great twist to finish!'
- Carol Peace - 'This was a fast paced and edge of your seat kind of read and I devoured it in 2 sittings.'
- Julie Evans - 'Fantastic, thrilling! This book is one of the best that I have read for a long time. It was a page turner from page 1 and kept me hooked all the way through.'
- Cathy Small - 'An enjoyable thriller that will draw you into the character of Ray.'
- Peter Mynehan - 'Although the story took the reader on an exotic journey to Southeast Asia and back, I only found this book to be a relatively mundane run of the mill cop story.'
- Lynette McCann - 'The action doesn't let up and all the characters are really believable leading to a shock ending, leaving readers gasping for another book to follow. Couldn't put this book down.'
- Adrienne Kinsella - 'The Bone Field is a gripping, fast-paced thriller...a complete page-turner.'
- Melanie Kane - 'The Bone Field is an excellent example of a gripping, graphic thriller novel. The plot was both complex and intriguing not to mention highly fascinating as well as being superbly written.'
- Angela Rhodes - 'The deeper Mason and Boyd look, the darker the crime becomes.
- Gill Wilmott - 'the publishers themselves describe this new book series as “totally gripping & irresistible” and I certainly wouldn’t argue with that!'
- Mrs D. Forbes-Rittes – 'The plot is full of suspense and thrills and draws you in. As the first part in a new series it ends on rather a cliff hanger and leaves the reader wanting more. Definitely a series to pick up and follow.'
- Edel Waugh - 'This book started out awesome and just got better as it went on!'
Win a fabulous signed copy of A Secret Garden by Katie Fforde!
To celebrate the publication of A Secret Garden by Katie Fforde, we have signed copies of the book to give away to 3 lucky winners. To have a chance of winning one of these wonderful prizes, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter. Draw closes on 28th February 2017. The winners will be chosen randomly from all entrants and will be notified by 14th March 2017.
The Bone Field by Simon Kernick
The totally gripping and irresistible new thriller from the best-selling author of Stay Alive, The Final Minute and The Witness. When the bones of a 21-year old woman who went missing without trace in Thailand in 1990, are discovered in the grounds of an old Catholic school in Buckinghamshire, an enduring mystery takes on a whole new twist. Her boyfriend at the time, and the man who reported her missing, Henry Forbes, now a middle-aged university lecturer, comes forward with his lawyer and tells DI Ray Mason of the Met's Homicide Command that he knows what happened to Kitty, and who killed her. So begins a hunt for the truth that will focus on a ruthless crime gang, a rich, dysfunctional family with a terrible past, and a highly ambitious man so cruel and ruthless that he must be brought down at any cost...
ReviewsA missing girl. A ruthless crime gang. A man so evil he must be stopped at any cost. DI Ray Mason and PI Tina Boyd begin a desperate hunt for the truth that will take them into a dark and terrifying world of corruption and deadly secrets, where murder is commonplace, and nothing and nobody is safe ... from the publisher's description Hang on tight! -- Harlan Coben A potent cocktail of thrills Guardian Keeps the action breakneck Time Out Doesn't let up till the very last Daily Mirror This latest thriller demonstrates just how good he has become ... Thrilling and twisty, it never lets up Daily Mail breathless Sunday Times An addictive thriller full of gritty details and fast frenetic action. Sunday Mirror An adrenaline rush of a read. My Chestnut Reading Tree 'The Bone Field is one of those intriguing novels that surreptitiously gets under your skin.
Jaffa Reads Too
About the Author
Publication date12th January 2017
More books by Simon Kernick
Author 'Like for Like'
Author's Facebook Latest
PublisherCentury an imprint of Cornerstone
CategoriesCrime & mystery
Thriller / suspense
Modern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
Lovereading always comes up with great suggestions and has introduced me to enjoyable books and new authors to discover.Gaynor Passmore
It's information about new books so, for a book lover like me, what's not to like!Joan Hill
Ever purchased a book, read a few pages & thought I'm not going to enjoy this? Honest book reviews mean you'll never have that problem againJill Peters
As for why I'd recommend Lovereading, it's simple - it's a great place to get information and reviews about new books!Margaret Freeman
I love 'try before you buy' extracts. I love the wide range of authors & genres. I love the author info. I love books!Judi Davies
Lovereading recommends, honestly reviews and promotes books-what more can I say?!Rachel Bridgeman
Books of the month/debuts of the month, kids/adults, fiction/non-fiction, free prize draws and free extracts, what's not to love?Emma Smith
A great place to go to find your next literary escape, and where you don't have to judge a book by its cover!Suzanne Beney