Behind Her Eyes
£12.99 saving £2.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
February 2017 Book of the Month.
Oh my word, this book is devious, twisted, and an absolute knockout! The story, revolving around love, passion, suspicion, and deceit, kept me teetering on a razor sharp wire of uncertainty. Sarah Pinborough’s writing is sublime, it’s shrewd, artful, cunning, and as the story sucked me in, I felt the manipulation of the words warping and writhing as they entered my consciousness. I found myself sitting in stunned silence when I reached the very end, then wanted to jump and down and recommend ‘Behind Her Eyes’ to the world. Start reading just as soon as you can so you too, can experience the deep, dark, dangerous depths of this truly bone-chilling and wonderful novel. Make sure you enter with a clear mind, and try not to get too confident as the story will quite happily trip you up and stamp all over you. Sarah Pinborough, I salute you! ~ Liz Robinson
Maxim Jakubowski's February 2017 Book of the Month.
The considerable buzz building around Pinborough's new novel (following the already mightily impressive The Death House and 13 Minutes) is led not only from her respective publishers' camp but also, more importantly, from advance readers, and is fully deserved. This could well become a massive commercial success along the lines of Gone Girl and The Girl on the Train and it held me in thrall from beginning to end. The tale of a dark, puzzling and twisted affair that goes horribly wrong for, seemingly, all parties, it's unpredictable, tricky, immediate, gut-gripping and difficult to summarise without giving out any of the shattering spoilers and seduces like no other, with viewpoints changing in front of your eyes as you turn the page, putting all you've read before into question in a most clever way, sowing constant seeds of doubt the moment you begin to identify with one of the characters and sympathise with them. Imaginatively wicked, ingenious, and 'that' ending will leave you open-mouthed. ~ Maxim Jakubowski
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can click here to read the full reviews.
- Phylippa Smithson - 'A very credible thriller with THE most incredible finale...Remarkable story telling.'
- Angela Rhodes - 'What can I say about a book that just blows you away? I was stunned by the ending, and it gave me chills. This is one of those books you’ll want to shout about from the rooftops!!'
- Helen Lowry - 'A well-written psychological thriller, with well-written characters. To be recommended, but be warned you need to concentrate to keep up with the story.'
- Karen Cocking - 'A deliciously intriguing but unusual psychological thriller that will keep you wondering throughout just who is telling the truth and what on earth is going on. Who will you believe?'
- Bev Farningham - 'A well written novel and the ending will leave you slightly incredulous. You would never see this coming.'
- Sarah Harper - 'Stunning and compelling, this book will get under your skin and leave you reeling. Get your hands on a copy of this ASAP. You won’t be disappointed.'
- Melanie Kane - 'The intrigue, tension, suspense and the mind-blowing ending left this the best novel I have read in a long time...I cannot praise this novel highly enough and would like to congratulate the author on a well written fantastic story-line.'
- Teresa Ohalloran - 'This is one of the best psychological thrillers I have read this year...A corkscrew of a thriller is the best way I can describe this book. You will not want to put it down.'
- Edel Waugh - 'I quickly learned that the cover of this book pretty much tells you what to expect from this story, untrustworthy narrators with plenty of mystery too! Ahhhhh I loved it!'
- Maz Tucker - 'Wow!! I don't think I have ever read a book that has took me on so many twists and turns. The ending will knock your socks off...one of the best books I have read for a long time.'
- Gemma Niven - 'Wow, fabulous read! Extremely well written and a story which will stay with you long after you've finished reading.'
- Michelle Hodson - 'An amazing novel. Brilliant and original storytelling. The Novel of the year for me!!!'
- Maureen Gourlay - 'A psychological thriller - two women, one man, and a big secret. Or so you think. You are not sure who is good and who is bad. Keeps you guessing right until the end.'
- Humaira - 'I could not function till that book was finished. Highly addictive to say the least.'
- Rebecca Whymark - 'Fast paced read with a killer twist.'
- Pauline Braisher - 'was well written and the final chapters left me quite unsettled.'
- Barbara Goldie - 'Well I didn't see the ending of this novel coming. Great Storytelling!'
- Kathryn Whitfield - 'Wow what a story and what an ending!! A brilliantly written thriller mystery story.'
- Adrienne Kinsella - 'Behind Her Eyes is a deep, intense and disturbing psychological thriller that will grip you from the beginning to the completely unexpected and shocking ending.'
Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough
Don't trust this book. Don't trust this story. Don't trust yourself. 'Sarah Pinborough is about to become your new obsession' Harlan Coben. David and Adele seem like the ideal pair. He's a successful psychiatrist, she is his picture-perfect wife who adores him. But why is he so controlling? And why is she keeping things hidden? As Louise, David's new secretary, is drawn into their world, she uncovers more puzzling questions than answers. The only thing that is crystal clear is that something in this marriage is very, very wrong. But Louise can't guess how wrong - and how far someone might go to protect their marriage's secrets. 'The most unsettling thriller of the year...Read it now before someone spoils the end for you' John Connolly
'Lean and mean, dark and disturbing, this is the kind of novel that takes over your life. Sarah Pinborough slays'
'A dark, electrifying page-turner with a corker of an ending'
'Just when you think you've nailed it, Pinborough pulls the rug out from underneath you'
'If BEHIND HER EYES isn't the thriller of the year, there is no justice. Hugely entertaining, utterly compelling and the ending will leave you reeling'
'Masterful writing that crackles with tension, before detonating that ending'
'Twisty and twisted. Jealousy, lies, betrayal, guilt, toxic spouses, madness. They're all in here.'
'Sarah Pinborough is a literary chameleon of astonishing power and grace'
About the Author
Publication date26th January 2017
More books by Sarah Pinborough
Author 'Like for Like'
Author's Facebook Latest
PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Ltd an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers
CategoriesThriller / suspense
Lovereading always comes up with great suggestions and has introduced me to enjoyable books and new authors to discover.Gaynor Passmore
Lovereading does a stella job in promoting both new and established authors.Iris Clements
If you love reading, then you'll love Lovereading! Full of tips & info for every discerning reader.Lynne Rapson
At Lovereading there are fabulous books available in every genre, with great reviews to help you pick the right book for you.Teresa O'Halloran
I 'Lovereading' because it lets me see what new books are around with a detailed synopsis and readers' reviews.Judith Sharp
I love Lovereading for the wonderful like for like author recommendations and for highlighting new books, it's a great resource for readers!Lindsay
What can I say, the clue is in the title Lovereading - and awesome books.Sarah Davis
I recommend Lovereading because you get honest reviews on a whole range of genres-there's something for everyone. It's the only site I need.Sian Spinney