Closed Casket The New Hercule Poirot Mystery
£18.99 saving £3.80 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
One of our Books of the Year 2016.
Hercule Poirot is back for his second outing under the fabulous guiding hand of Sophie Hannah. 70 year old children’s author Lady Athelinda Playford changes her will, causing the mayhem she predicted, however perhaps not quite in the way she expected. Hercule Poirot and Inspector Catchpool from Scotland Yard are on hand, their particular skills are essential in a house party full of lies, secrets and ghastly deeds. With twists and turns waiting at every corner, ready to trip you up, you need to maintain a clear head with this whodunit. Sophie Hannah maintains Poirot’s integrity, while injecting her own unique style, ensuring ‘The Closed Casket’ is a delightful tricky treat of a read. ~ Liz Robinson
September 2016 Book of the Month.
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can click here to read the full reviews.
- Phylippa Smithson - 'Queen Agatha is reincarnated and now writes under the pseudonym of Sophie Hannah! Perfect undemanding yet absorbing Poirot mystery.'
- Ann Peet - 'Great new Poirot novel from Sophie Hannah.'
- Sarah Musk - 'A worthy successor to our most famous crime writer. Sophie Hannah gets the plot, the setting, and the characters just right - a satisfying read for Agatha Christie fans.'
- Joan Sidwell - 'The plot is solid Agatha Christie; complicated, convoluted, with several red herrings and the inevitable twist, I enjoyed the denouement immensely.'
- Vanessa Wild - 'An entertaining and intriguing mystery which kept me on my toes!'
- Victoria Whish - 'All the classic Christie ingredients are here to make a heady cocktail of poison, intrigue and country house murder most foul! It's an open and shut case - you'll love this book!
- Angie Rhodes - 'Well I didn't guess the killer, and I am hoping you won't either. A great book, Agatha Christie, would be thrilled!!'
- Rachael Anderson - 'An enjoyable murder mystery, but it is not as well written as Agatha Christie's novels. It is however still worth reading.'
- Helen Lowry - 'Being a big Agatha Christie fan, I was very much looking forward to reading this book and I wasn’t disappointed...Closed Casket is an entertaining read and I look forward to reading further such novels.'
- Joy Isabella - 'The plotting and characterisation are all reminiscent of Agatha Christie, meaning I was instantaneously transported into the story.'
- Emily Wright - 'Hannah captures the spirit of Christie with a narrative accessible to a contemporary audience. Closed Casket transported me back to the golden age of detective fiction.'
- Kathryn Whitfield - 'Fantastic Hercule Poirot mystery, Sophie Hannah has got it right again.'
Closed Casket The New Hercule Poirot Mystery by Sophie Hannah, Agatha Christie
Hercule Poirot returns in another brilliant murder mystery that can only be solved by the eponymous Belgian detective and his 'little grey cells'. Following the phenomenal global success of The Monogram Murders, which was published to critical acclaim following a co-ordinated international launch in September 2014, international best-selling crime writer Sophie Hannah has been commissioned by Agatha Christie Limited to pen a second fully-authorised Poirot novel. The new book will be published in 2016, which marks the centenary of the creation of Christie's world-famous detective Hercule Poirot, introduced in her first book The Mysterious Affair at Styles.
REVIEWS FOR THE MONOGRAM MURDERS:
'Grips from the very start
Mail on Sunday
'A delicious read'
The Sunday Times
About the Author
Publication date6th September 2016
AuthorSophie Hannah, Agatha Christie
More books by Sophie Hannah, Agatha Christie
Author 'Like for Like'
PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Ltd an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers
A great place to go to find your next literary escape, and where you don't have to judge a book by its cover!Suzanne Beney
I love reading because my cares & woes vanish for an hour or two whilst I read of the joys, adventures, lives of the characters in the book.Jennifer Moville
A well laid out site, I love the fact that is separates paranormal fiction from fantasy and horror, which other sites don't.Jen Rainbow
I love that Lovereading handpicks very special debut reads.Magda North
Lovereading are lovely people who send me lovely books. What's not to love?Gavin Dimmock
The books for review are always great reads, brilliantly written, and introduces me to a huge variety of, established and new, authors.Lesley Hart
It has enriched my leisure time by introducing me to a world of books which I would not have previously considered.Val Rowe
As for why I'd recommend Lovereading, it's simple - it's a great place to get information and reviews about new books!Margaret Freeman