Little Boy Blue
£10.00 saving £2.00 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
March 2016 Book of the Month.
Sit on the edge of your seat in this explosively brilliant fifth book in the DI Helen Grace series. The Southampton policing team deal with a murder at an S&M club called The Torture Rooms, this is an investigation that slices under the skin of Helen Grace. The series is sharp, fast moving and wonderfully readable, while you could read ‘Little Boy Blue’ as a standalone, I really do recommend starting with ‘Eeny Meeny’. M.J Arlidge writes fiercely short chapters, changing focus and diverting your attention, he knows exactly when to release information and keeps you firmly on your toes. This is so eloquent and gripping that I didn't want to miss a single word. I also didn’t realise how far I had read, or how much I knew, and the ending came as a shock. With such wonderfully clever writing on offer, I will be stalking the book isles impatiently, waiting to pounce on the next in the series. ~ Liz Robinson
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can click here to read the full reviews.
- Daran Bellingham - 'Another fantastic case for Helen Grace.'
- Barbara Goldie - 'Dark and complex, shocking from the opening chapter, a compulsive read.'
- Emily Wright - 'You don’t have to be kinky to enjoy this book! Fast paced narrative, along with perfectly pitched clarity and atmosphere in the plot, make Little Boy Blue compulsive reading.'
- Gavin Dimmock - 'With an intriguing plot, a fast moving storyline and punchy scenes, this tale rattles along to a pulsating climax.'
- Humaira - 'I don't know where to begin with this book. It's more than gripping. It's highly enthralling.'
- Caroline Harvey - 'Wow, what a great book...Didn't want it to end and so looking forward to the next one. Brilliant. 5 stars from me!!'
- Phylippa Smithson - 'My word, Helen Grace is unlike ANY Detective Inspector you will have followed in a series before. And boy what a hard-hitting thriller this was with remarkable twists.'
- Jan Kirkcaldy - 'With squabbling detectives, off the wall characters and a story that took many twists and turns...kept me interested right up to an explosive and unexpected ending.'
- Carol Peace - 'A fast paced all engrossing crime book...I was gripped from the very first page right up to the last and still wanted more.'
- Suzanne Marsh - 'M. J. Arlidge always weaves magic on me once I start reading his novels I just can't close the book. I read ‘Eeny Meeny’ and I am delighted to of read Little Boy Blue.'
- Edel Waugh - 'This was a fast paced read and had an ending I was certainly not expecting, the characters were all pretty flawed, but their imperfections made them all the more human.'
- Sue Burton - 'I loved the story and the characters. Helen is still my favourite character. When I think I know who the killer is it turns out to be wrong. And boy was I wrong.'
- Magdalena Vidgen - 'as the daylight waned and I found myself alone I had to stop reading! I got so spooked...The plot is well constructed, the 'red herrings' plentiful, the dead ends frustrating, the conclusion... shocking.'
- Janet Gilliard - 'I read the last few chapters almost holding my breath. I can't wait for the next novel in the series.'
- Angie Rhodes - 'As tempers rise Helen's hold on the case is taking its toll and things are unravelling fast.'
- Elisabeth Thomas - 'Little Boy Blue is a gritty and gripping this police thriller.'
Little Boy Blue by M. J. Arlidge
THE FIFTH DI HELEN GRACE THRILLER BY BESTSELLING AUTHOR M J ARLIDGE, for the first time in hardback 'Helen Grace is one of the greatest heroes to come along in years' JEFFERY DEAVER ***** Detective Inspector Helen Grace is no stranger to tragedy. But when a body is found in a Southampton nightclub, the death cuts too close to the bone. Hiding her personal connection to the victim - and a double-life which must remain secret at all costs - Helen becomes a woman possessed, working her team around the clock to chase down every lead. As the killer strikes again, the investigation takes its toll not only on Helen but also her senior officers. Tempers flare, friendships fray and Helen faces an impossible choice. Confess her sins and lose control of the case? Or keep living a lie, protecting her darkest secrets, and risk getting trapped in this tangled web? But whatever she does, this killer will not stop until the truth is revealed: there are some fates worse than death ...PRAISE FOR M.J. ARLIDGE: 'The new Jo Nesbo' JUDY FINNIGAN 'Fast paced and nailbitingly tense ...gripping' SUN 'DI Helen Grace is a genuinely fresh heroine ...M J Arlidge weaves together a tapestry that chills to the bone' Daily Mail 'Chilling stuff' Fabulist 'A chilling read' My Weekly 'A grisly, gripping thriller' Sunday Mirror 'Gruesomely realistic, intriguing and relentless. Arlidge's fledgling army of fans is about to grow' Sunday Sport 'Eeny Meeny debuts one of the best new series detectives, Helen Grace. Determined, tough and damaged, she must unravel a terrifying riddle of a killer kidnapping victims in pairs. Mesmerizing!' Lisa Gardner 'Expertly pulled off. It has a devious premise. DI Helen Grace is fiendishly awesome. It's scary as all hell. And it has a full cast of realistically drawn, interesting characters that make the thing read like a bullet' Will Lavender 'A fast-paced, twisting police procedural and thriller that's sure to become another bestseller' Huffington Post
'Detective Inspector Helen Grace is one of the greatest heroes to come along in years' Jeffery Deaver
'Page-turningly chilling' The Times
'DI Helen Grace is a genuinely fresh heroine ... Arlidge weaves together a tapestry that chills to the bone' Daily Mail
'This is going to be as big as Jo Nesbo' Judy Finnigan
'Taut, fast-paced, truly excellent' Sun
'One of the best new series detectives ... Mesmerizing!' Lisa Gardner
'Chilling stuff' Fabulist
'A chilling read' My Weekly
'A grisly, gripping thriller' Sunday Mirror
About the Author
Publication date10th March 2016
AuthorM. J. Arlidge
More books by M. J. Arlidge
Author 'Like for Like'
Author's Facebook Latest
PublisherMichael Joseph Ltd an imprint of Penguin Books Ltd
I recommend Lovereading because you get honest reviews on a whole range of genres-there's something for everyone. It's the only site I need.Sian Spinney
Love books. Love reading. Love reading books. And, here's the trick. Here's a website which caters for people like me.Ian Harvey-brown
Lovereading always comes up with great suggestions and has introduced me to enjoyable books and new authors to discover.Gaynor Passmore
It has enriched my leisure time by introducing me to a world of books which I would not have previously considered.Val Rowe
The selections are so varied and the reader reviews are so helpful. A fantastic website for those who love books.Ann Quintilla
I 'Lovereading' because it lets me see what new books are around with a detailed synopsis and readers' reviews.Judith Sharp
A well laid out site, I love the fact that is separates paranormal fiction from fantasy and horror, which other sites don't.Jen Rainbow
The books for review are always great reads, brilliantly written, and introduces me to a huge variety of, established and new, authors.Lesley Hart