The Thirty List
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
A loveable hug of a book, one that retains a positive feel of realism while embracing you with its warmhearted wit. Rachel can’t foresee a time when she will ever want to rejoin the dating game, while Patrick has created an emotional fence around his world; a Thirty List is just what they need in order to appreciate life again. The author creates an authentic setting for this romance, problems and issues arise and are dealt with or occasionally swept under the carpet. Sweet or wryly diverting lists pop up throughout the book, while the main Thirty List makes rather a lot of appearances as items are crossed off it. Engaging and believable, this is a charming romantic comedy to curl up with and quite simply enjoy. ~ Liz Robinson
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can click here to read the full reviews.
- Clair Chaytors - 'Absolutely delicious!'
- Edel Waugh - 'ever lost your way, been through a divorce/ breakup, needed a hand in life, then this is the book for you! This will lift your spirits and help you regain your faith in humanity.'
- Joan Hill - 'When Rachel and Patrick compile lists of things that they each must do before they reach thirty the fun begins with challenges that are hair-raising and laugh-out-loud funny.'
- Alex Hetherington - 'Eva Woods debut novel TheThirty List is a hilarious novel filled with charm and innocence.'
- Judith Waring - 'I loved, loved, loved this book and devoured it within days. It is a real page turner and the best way to describe it is totally enchanting.'
- Alison Bisping - 'A good holiday read!'
- Sarah Hamid - 'An enjoyable read for anyone who loves a list - as I do! This romantic comedy is a perfect light holiday or bedtime read. Good for making you feel happy with your own life without being too weighty.'
- Sarah Harper - 'Funny, quirky and bittersweet. This is a heart-warming tale of love, loss, friendship and new beginnings which I will happily recommend.'
- Sharon Matthews - 'A life to be lived ... A list to follow ... Will doing all the things you think you should do before you're thirty bring you happiness and a sense of achievement?'
- Nickey Hawryszczuk - 'Absolutely loved this book. One of the best books I have read recently. Very light hearted, humourous, romantic, what more could you ask for? Divorced woman meets single dad!'
- Joy Bosworth - 'A bit disjointed but so is Rachel's life.'
- Cathy Burman - 'It made me laugh, but it is also tinged with sadness in parts. An entertaining read you will find hard to put down.'
- Suzanne Marsh - 'I loved the way Rachel liked to make lists. For Rachel making lists was ways of trying to put some order on the desperate mess of her life.'
- Lynette McCann - 'A thoroughly enjoyable book with realistic characters, I had to read it in one sitting to find out the ending. Well done Eva Woods.'
- Holly Kilminster - 'This is the most delightful tale of friendship, love, loss and all that's in between. The perfect romantic comedy and an ideal holiday read.'
The Thirty List by Eva Woods
Everyone has one. That list. The things you were supposed to do before you turn thirty. Jobless, broke and getting a divorce, Rachel isn't exactly living up to her own expectations. And moving into grumpy single dad Patrick's box room is just the soggy icing on top of her dreaded thirtieth birthday cake. Eternal list-maker Rachel has a plan - an all new set of challenges to help her get over her divorce and out into the world again - from tango dancing to sushi making to stand-up comedy. But as Patrick helps her cross off each task, Rachel faces something even harder; learning to live - and love - without a checklist.
Reviews* 'A fresh new voice in romantic fiction' - Marie Claire * Warm, witty and lots of fun - a fantastic new voice in women's fiction' - Melissa Hill * There's a whole list of reasons I loved this book - and I know you will too!' - Fabulous magazine
About the Author
Publication date18th June 2015
More books by Eva Woods
Author 'Like for Like'
Author's Facebook Latest
PublisherMills & Boon an imprint of Harlequin (UK)
CategoriesModern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
With literary excellence, humour and drama, Lovereading's got value and is a real stress-calmer!Siobhan McDowell
Because of Lovereading I have broadened my reading horizons with some really great books that I probably would never have chosen myself.Susan Walsh
If you love reading, then you'll love Lovereading! Full of tips & info for every discerning reader.Lynne Rapson
I love reading books I wouldn't normally choose before everyone else gets to read them!Dawn Lynch
Lovereading tells me about new books before they hit the shelves, lets me find other authors I may like and has great prize draws!Sheila Dale
The selections are so varied and the reader reviews are so helpful. A fantastic website for those who love books.Ann Quintilla
I love reading because my cares & woes vanish for an hour or two whilst I read of the joys, adventures, lives of the characters in the book.Jennifer Moville
My horizons have been broadened by some of the books I have been lucky to review and I expect it to be no different in the future.Daran Bellingham