A Secret Garden
£12.99 saving £2.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
March 2017 Book of the Month.
Another joyful hug of a read from Katie Fforde, what more could you want, than to settle down with her latest book! Philly, Lorna and Anthea, all wonderful ladies, in various stages of their lives, sit centre stage in this delightful story. Set in a friendly community, with a garden to restore, will love pay a fleeting visit or settle in for a longer stay? As to be expected, the three main characters are surrounded by a lovely cast of friends, as life throws gravel, pebbles, and socking great boulders in their path. Katie Fforde has the wonderful ability to put a smile on my face, and I feel re-energised and ready to face the world again when I finish her lovely tales. To be honest, her stories speak for themselves, I really only need to tell you that the latest Katie Fforde is out, and it’s the warm and very charming ‘A Secret Garden’. ~ Liz Robinson
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can click here to read the full reviews.
- Humaira - 'A Secret Garden is as Poignant as the characters. I loved it dearly...I just love it when an author can make you love something so much just with the power of words.
- Annie Day - 'A great 'feel good' story with three intertwined romances.'
- Ailsa Anderson - 'Transport yourself into the pages of Fforde's latest creation A Secret Garden. Where you'll find a perfect mix of romance, humour, love, secrets, men. You won't be disappointed.'
- Julie Watkin - 'A gentle and pleasing read designed to remind us that true love is never beyond our reach.'
- Cathy Burman - 'A secret garden is not the only secret in this book. The characters also have hidden secrets which, as you turn the pages, will slowly be revealed. Dare to enter and enjoy as I did.
- Gemma Niven - 'Fantastic book by Katie Fforde which will warm your heart and make you feel all cosy and fuzzy inside!'
- Edel Waugh - 'this is a cosy, feel good read centred around a special garden with likeable characters that will leave you wanting more.'
- Emily Wright - 'Katie Fforde is an author I turn to time and again for a comforting read. A Secret Garden bears the trademarks of friendship, romance and warmth which I have come to know and love in her writing.'
- Alison Jones - 'What a delightful read! From start to finish I was treated to a world of romance and happy ever afters that lifted my heart and spirit leaving me tripping on air.'
- Evelyn Barrett - 'A scrumptiously romantic offering, ideally suited both to a cosy winter's evening by the fire and a sunny beach with a cocktail.'
- Kathy Martin - 'Pure escapism and a delightfully easy read.'
- Lizzy Dingemans - 'Make a hot chocolate and curl up in a comfy chair to enjoy this charming new tale where relationships intertwine as much as the plants in the secret garden, in this charming tale by a well-established author.'
- Angie Rhodes - 'Once again Katie whisks the reader away, this time to the Cotswolds, a place full of blue skies, romance, secrets and men who need to be shown that love sometimes is staring them in the face.'
- Janet Gilliard - 'I really enjoyed this. A new Katie Fforde is like meeting an old friend and catching up on all the news. Highly recommended.'
- Nicola Cooper - 'A feel good read, in a beautiful setting. Just what we need to get us in the mood for spring. Katie Fforde fans will love it.'
A Secret Garden by Katie Fforde
Romance, humour and happy-ever-after endings. The deliciously romantic new novel from the No. 1 Sunday Times bestselling author of A Vintage Wedding, Recipe for Love, and A French Affair. 'What I want to know', said Lorna, 'is what lies behind those ash trees at the back of the garden? Lorna is a talented gardener and Philly is a plantswoman. Together they work in the grounds of a beautiful manor house in the Cotswolds. They enjoy their jobs and are surrounded by family and friends. But for them both the door to true love remains resolutely closed. So when Lorna is introduced to Jack at a dinner party and Lucien catches Philly's eye at the local farmers market, it seems that dreams really can come true and happy endings lie just around the corner. But do they? Troublesome parents, the unexpected arrival of someone from Lorna's past, and the discovery of an old and secret garden mean their lives are about to become a lot more complicated...
ReviewsEscape to romance and happy-ever-after in this lovely tale Prima
About the Author
Publication date23rd February 2017
More books by Katie Fforde
Author 'Like for Like'
Author's Facebook Latest
PublisherCentury an imprint of Cornerstone
CategoriesModern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
I love Lovereading for the wonderful like for like author recommendations and for highlighting new books, it's a great resource for readers!Lindsay
Insightful reader reviews and unbiased recommendations. I don't know how I chose books before Lovereading! An essential for all book lovers.Sarah Harper
You can trust Lovereading to show unbiased reviews by actual, ordinary readers that help likeminded booklovers choose their next great read.Linda Hill
I recommend Lovereading because you get honest reviews on a whole range of genres-there's something for everyone. It's the only site I need.Sian Spinney
Lovereading has all the new books and also suggestions for 'similar' authors whilst waiting for your favourites new books.Carol Peace
If you LOVE reading then you will love LOVEREADING! It's a 'novel' idea. Seriously though I could not recommend them enough.Rebecca Whymark
Lovereading are lovely people who send me lovely books. What's not to love?Gavin Dimmock
I love 'try before you buy' extracts. I love the wide range of authors & genres. I love the author info. I love books!Judi Davies