£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
A historical family drama to sink into, to feel a part of, to be surprised by. in 1860, Florrie, a 15 year old orphan, yet raised with love, finds herself departing the Cornish Moors for the centre of London society. Flung into a harsh and uncaring household, Florrie must hold her nerve as her life changes beyond all recognition. This is a readable and engaging story, Tracy Rees ensures Florence is a captivating and loveable leading lady. The story remains focused on Florence, yet the surrounding characters add a sparkle of diversion and intensity to the story. With a tantalising love affair, yet firmly planted in the reality of the times, ‘Florence Grace’ is an engaging historical read. ~ Liz Robinson
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can click here to read the full reviews.
- Linda Hill - 'A fabulous tale of identity, longing and love with a heroine for everyone to believe in.'
- Maggie Crane - 'This book is one which is very hard to put down...Will seek out this author in future and recommend her to members of our book group.'
- Angie Rhodes - 'Not since Heathcliff (who is my dream bad boy) have I loved a character as much as I love Turlington Grace, sigh…'
- Emily Curnow - 'a great story that sweeps you along. I look forward to reading more by Tracy Rees.'
- Lisa Redmond - 'Florence Grace is a wonderful page turning novel, gripping, emotional and unputdownable. I was utterly enthralled.'
- Christine Waddington - 'This is a rags to riches story about Florence Grace, a young orphaned Cornish girl who discovers she is related to the wealthy Grace family.'
- Lou Woods - 'This is an author who writes with the spirit of Du Maurier and Bronte. I was swept along and quite captivated.'
- Vanessa Wild - 'A delightful and engaging family saga about secrets and their consequences.'
- Edel Waugh - 'This book far exceeded my expectations and I did not want this story to end.'
- Humaira Kauser - 'It was pure Bliss to read because this book contained two of my favourite things: Romance and an historical era!'
- LindyLouMac - 'An enjoyable relaxing read that left me feeling contented.'
- Victoria Goldman - 'Florence Grace is a story of belonging, destiny, secrets and courage. Tracy Rees has captured the settings of Cornwall and London beautifully and her characters are very realistic. A book to recommend.'
- Janet Gilliard - 'If you liked Catherine Cookson you will enjoy this.'
- Barbara Goldie - 'From rags to riches, a great story! It is the first book I have read by Tracy Rees but I hope this will not be the last, highly recommended.'
- Amrita Dasgupta - 'It's a coming of age book where you suddenly realise that behind all the glamour of respectability lies tears, politics and hard work.'
Win tickets to Chiddingstone Castle Lit Fest
We have four pairs of tickets to give away to hear Alison Weir at the Chiddingstone Castle Literary Festival Sunday 30 April 4 - 5 pm. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter. Multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once and the prize cannot be exchanged for cash and does not include transport or accommodation. Draw closes on Friday 17 April. The winners will be chosen randomly from all entrants and will be notified by 20 April 2017.
Florence Grace by Tracy Rees
The stunning second novel from the author of the Richard and Judy bestseller Amy Snow. Perfect for fans of Lucinda Riley and Dinah Jefferies' The Tea Planter's Wife. Florrie Buckley is an orphan, living on the wind-blasted moors of Cornwall. It's a hard existence but Florrie is content; she runs wild in the mysterious landscape. She thinks her destiny is set in stone. But when Florrie is fifteen, she inherits a never-imagined secret. She is related to a wealthy and notorious London family, the Graces. Overnight, Florrie's life changes and she moves from country to city, from poverty to wealth. Cut off from everyone she has ever known, Florrie struggles to learn the rules of this strange new world. And then she must try to fathom her destructive pull towards the enigmatic and troubled Turlington Grace, a man with many dark secrets of his own.
'A feisty appealing heroine, a fast-paced, gorgeously descriptive narrative and a mystery to be uncovered ... What more could a reader wish for?' Lucinda Riley on Amy Snow
'Florence is such a strong, intriguing character and the plot is so clever, real and truthful. The whole book feels so very wise, as if it contains half the answers to life' Joanna Courtney, author of The Chosen Queen
'A sparkling and compelling mystery ... [it] captured our hearts from the very first page' Richard and Judy on Amy Snow
About the Author
Publication date30th June 2016
More books by Tracy Rees
Author 'Like for Like'
The best new books on the market, reviewed honestly, to give your readers the best choices.Julie Cook
It's the first site that I visit when deciding on the next set of books to buy. A particular treat is being able to download an extract.Tessa Olson
I love that Lovereading handpicks very special debut reads.Magda North
I love Lovereading because I get to read great books and then get to tell everybody how good they are.Sally Doel
Lovereading helps me decide what real people read.Kerry Bridges
Lovereading is pitched at just the right level for all the various types of people who enjoy reading in its many forms.Pam Woodburn
It has opened my eyes to different authors and genres. Just log on and try, you will be surprised and not want for reading material again.Jocelyn Garvey
Lovereading recommends, honestly reviews and promotes books-what more can I say?!Rachel Bridgeman