Remember My Name
£9.99 saving £2.00 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
June 2016 Debut of the Month.
A light, flirty and oh, so much fun, debut novel by model and TV presenter Abbey Clancy. 22 year old Jess, a party entertainer from Liverpool has always dreamed of being a famous singer, so she can live like a star and look after her family. When she gets offered the chance of a lifetime, will it live up to her dreams? This is a wonderfully down to earth tale, even as it explores the heady price of fame. Jess is a loveable main character, she makes plenty of mistakes along the way, yet it is easy to emphasise with her. The quick, lively wordplay makes this a very modern romantic story and an enjoyable and entertaining read. ~ Liz Robinson
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can click here to read the full reviews.
- Tracey Thomas -'Easy flow of writing with characters you will love and hate. With some laugh out loud moments.'
- Humaira Kauser - 'Remember My Name is so sweet, it made me all giggly, warm all over and butterflies in my stomach. This is a keeper!'
- Nicola Edwards - 'Really enjoyable - an ideal holiday read!'
- Nicola Kingswell - 'Heart-warming rags to riches story of Jess the singing superstar.'
- Edel Waugh - 'This was a lovely read and Jess is a very likeable character, you really want her to do well. There is many laugh out loud moments in the book that had me giggling in public.'
- Angie Rhodes - ' I really enjoyed the story and felt as if Jessica was a friend of mine, it is that well written. Looking forward to the next book from Abbey.'
- Diane Hinchley - 'Abbey Clancy brings all the characters fully to life and tells the story brilliantly...Can't wait for Abbey's second novel.'
- Sue Burton - 'Good read and had me laughing out loud in certain books. Thoroughly recommendable book and very impressed for a first novel.'
- Celia Cohen - 'A very satisfying read. You won't be able to put it down once you've started.'
- Cathy Small - 'A light hearted story about the stormy road to fame. Is it all what it really adds up to be? It is quite a predictable story but an enjoyable read.'
- Pauline Braisher - 'I really enjoyed this book and will definitely recommend it - it's a really good holiday read.'
- Wendy Stubbs - 'I would say that it would perhaps appeal to a younger...audience.'
- Carrie Jones - 'A light-hearted romp, perfect for hot days by the pool.'
- Nicola Underwood - 'A light hearted and funny book which is easy to read and enjoyable...It can be quite funny and is a bit sad too. Overall a good read.'
Remember My Name by Abbey Clancy
Model and TV presenter Abbey Clancy's debut novel is a romantic comedy about a girl from Liverpool who dreams of hitting the big time...From the moment Liverpool teenager Jess stars in the school musical, she knows that she's GOT to be a star. Fast forward a few years and the closest the now 22 year old Jessica has got to stardom is as a children's entertainer - which is where she meets Jack , uncle to the spoiled 5 year old birthday princess who spots Jessica's talent and offers her a job with a record label. But that means that she'll have to leave her family and her home and move to London - where she quickly finds that the streets aren't quite paved with gold. And as she spends her days making tea for bitchy PR girls and her night in a mouldy studio flat, Jessica wonders if leaving Liverpool for London has been a terrible mistake. Attending an industry party - unfortunately only to serve canapes - Jessica's fortunes suddenly change when Vogue, the singer due to perform at the event drops out. Before she knows it, Jessica volunteers to stand in and takes centre stage. After a dazzling performance, she is surrounded by people wondering who this amazing new talent is. What's more, her star turn has been captured by the press and she has become an overnight sensation. Plunged into the crazy world of glitz and glamour, Jessica's life is transformed but as her star rises, she loses touch with her roots. Jessica's teenage dreams of stardom may have come true, but at what cost?
About the Author
Publication date19th May 2016
More books by Abbey Clancy
Author 'Like for Like'
PublisherMira an imprint of Harlequin (UK)
CategoriesAdult & contemporary romance
I love reading because my cares & woes vanish for an hour or two whilst I read of the joys, adventures, lives of the characters in the book.Jennifer Moville
Lovereading has all the new books and also suggestions for 'similar' authors whilst waiting for your favourites new books.Carol Peace
It has opened my eyes to different authors and genres. Just log on and try, you will be surprised and not want for reading material again.Jocelyn Garvey
Lovereading is not only an amazing site, but it's one of my very favourites. It's like visiting a fascinating bookstore, but better.Rebecca Jayne Barrett
What can I say, the clue is in the title Lovereading - and awesome books.Sarah Davis
You can trust Lovereading to show unbiased reviews by actual, ordinary readers that help likeminded booklovers choose their next great read.Linda Hill
I love Lovereading because of its ability to connect people that love books & unite them in a friendly, stimulating & interesting community.Megan Olwen William
If you LOVE reading then you will love LOVEREADING! It's a 'novel' idea. Seriously though I could not recommend them enough.Rebecca Whymark