The Last Kiss Goodbye
£16.99 saving £3.40 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
One of our Books of the Year 2015.
November 2015 Book of the Month.
An enchanting and engaging novel containing two poignant stories that fuse gradually into a captivating read. The flirty, lively prologue, full of society’s elite in 1961, serves a final tantalising slice of intrigue before chapter one begins in the present day. Abby finds a mesmerising photo from the past, while Rosamund steps outside of her known world to explore the possibility of love. It is the women in ‘The Last Kiss Goodbye’ who sit centre stage and hold the enticing key of possibilities, their search for answers, for the truth, take this novel in some wonderfully unexpected directions. Tasmina Perry balances the two time frames, two women, two loves, with care and attention, at no point does one overshadow the other. Both gripping and moving, this is a stimulating and satisfying tale full of secrets and surprises. ~ Liz Robinson
September 2015 eBook of the Month.
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can click here to read the full reviews.
- Julie Bickerdyke - 'There are so many raw emotions running through the book with powerful themes: love, friendship, betrayal, death, ethics. They are all handled expertly and make this a fabulous book to read.'
- Jillian McFrederick - 'Loved it! First book I've read by this author and I was impressed. An engaging love story which held my attention from beginning until end.'
- Gill Dally-Fitzsimons - 'Wonderful, heart-breaking and inspiring.'
- Nicola - 'Love stories, secrets and betrayal keep you hooked from beginning to end!'
- Anne Cater - 'All consuming love, buried secrets, beautiful locations and flawed but exciting characters. This is a satisfying read, with twists and turns and an old-fashioned love story at its heart.'
- Sarah Harper - 'A gorgeous book which draws you in effortlessly and is a totally absorbing and enjoyable read.'
- Victoria Goldman - 'The Last Kiss Goodbye is a lovely emotional read with
an intriguing story at its heart. This is a story of love, passion, deception, mystery and suspense. I finished reading it with tears in my eyes.'
- Phylippa Smithson - 'Quality chick-flick with a meaty plot, engaging characters all pulled together with some excellent writing. Perfect holiday reading.'
- Jan Kirkcaldy - 'I would thoroughly recommend it. It’s sensitively written, it held my interest throughout and is a great holiday read.'
- Emily Wright - 'An absolute pleasure to read, The Last Kiss Goodbye left me with a smile on my face and a tear in my eye.'
- Sallyann Spittle - 'What an absolutely brilliant book by this great author! I was amazed at how the story kept me riveted to the pages. A great read and one that makes me want to read more of Tasmina Perry’s work.'
- Joy Bosworth - 'I enjoyed the earlier part of this book very much.'
- Suzanne Marsh - 'This is a story of secrets, love and betrayal. But as the saying goes - it's never too late to start again. Could this be true for one the characters in The Last Kiss Goodbye?'
- Janet Gilliard - 'I really enjoyed this novel. Set in 1961 and 2014, it is a heartbreaking love story with a buried secret. I have never read any of
Tasmina Perry's novels and will go and read some more. I highly recommend this.'
- Julie Bertschin - 'A beautifully written story of love and loss which sweeps back in time to the Cold War...The story unravels slowly in a tantalising way, keeping the reader hooked to discover the truth.'
- Edel Waugh - 'The story takes us from country to country and at the centre of it all is a story about love, a never ending love that endures no matter what happens.'
- Isobel Finbow - 'Such a treat. I was absorbed from the first chapter and by the end I would not have guessed the route their lives had taken. Very enjoyable and well paced.'
The Last Kiss Goodbye by Tasmina Perry
A spellbinding tale of love, loss and long-buried secrets from the Sunday Times bestselling author. If you loved spending A Week in Paris with Rachel Hore or taking the Last Voyage of the Valentina with Santa Montefiore, you will adore this unforgettable novel. Everyone remembers their first kiss. But what about the last? 1961. Journalist Rosamund Bailey is ready to change the world. When she meets explorer and man about town Dominic Blake, she realises she has found the love of her life. Just as happiness is in their grasp, the worst happens, and their future is snatched away. 2014. Deep in the vaults of a museum, archivist Abby Morgan stumbles upon a breathtaking find. A faded photograph of a man saying goodbye to the woman he loves. Looking for a way to escape her own heartache, Abby becomes obsessed with the story, little realising that behind the image frozen in time lies a secret altogether more extraordinary.
About the Author
Publication date10th September 2015
More books by Tasmina Perry
Author 'Like for Like'
Author's Facebook Latest
PublisherHeadline Review an imprint of Headline Publishing Group
The best new books on the market, reviewed honestly, to give your readers the best choices.Julie Cook
With literary excellence, humour and drama, Lovereading's got value and is a real stress-calmer!Siobhan McDowell
Lovereading takes the guesswork out of finding your next read with "if you like you'll love" and extracts to help with your decision.Sarah Bruch
As for why I'd recommend Lovereading, it's simple - it's a great place to get information and reviews about new books!Margaret Freeman
I recommend Lovereading because you get honest reviews on a whole range of genres-there's something for everyone. It's the only site I need.Sian Spinney
Lovereading tells me about new books before they hit the shelves, lets me find other authors I may like and has great prize draws!Sheila Dale
I love Lovereading because I get to read great books and then get to tell everybody how good they are.Sally Doel
At Lovereading there are fabulous books available in every genre, with great reviews to help you pick the right book for you.Teresa O'Halloran