Without a Trace
£18.99 saving £3.80 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
May 2015 eBook of the Month.
An enjoyable, comforting read, even with murder, intrigue and abuse, sneaking and scheming their way through the pages. Set after the Second World War in 1953, the author deftly takes you back to a time when rationing and making do was still a part of every day lives. The engaging cast of characters, from isolated countryside villages to the blitzed East End, are vividly portrayed. While Molly starts to really live and experience life, the background detail brings a vibrancy to the story, in particular the war torn and deprived streets of London. This is pure escapism, allowing you to float away to another time, to experience hopes and dreams along side one woman’s determination to discover exactly what has happened to her murdered friend’s missing daughter. ~ Liz Robinson
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can click here to read the full reviews.
- Elisabeth Thomas - '‘Without a Trace’ is a compelling and heart-warming story from one of the best story tellers around.'
- Sue Mooney - 'A fabulous read, I thoroughly enjoyed reading this latest offering from one of my favourite authors, Lesley Pearse.'
- Sallyann Spittle - 'This book is such a pleasure to read, it is over only too quickly. Lesley Pearse is a true storyteller and this is her at her very, very best.'
- Lesley Mumbray-Williams - 'you will find yourself immersed in a compelling story with excellent writing and an attention to period detail which Lesley Pearse uses deftly and accurately.'
- Edel Waugh - 'was well told and held more than a few surprises near the end that I did not see coming...'
- Linda Hill - 'A roller coaster ride of murder, love and intrigue...Lesley Pearse at her best.'
- Sarah Smith - 'A great book by Lesley Pearce, and has a few unexpected twists to keep you on your toes.'
- Sandra Robinson - 'A story of love, heartache, courage and friendship.'
- Linda Rollins - 'A few tragedies and some wonderfully surprising events make this a good story, if a little slow and a bit too detailed in places.'
- Angie Rhodes - '1953 and the Coronation party is in full swing and Cassie hasn’t arrived. Molly goes to her cottage and what she finds is not a happy scene, Cassie is lying dead on the cottage floor and Petal is missing…'
- Doreen McKeown - 'although it did make for an easy read, which is not necessarily a bad thing.'
- Tracey Copeland - 'even though it was enjoyable it didn't grip me, and I wasn't in a rush to get to the end.'
- Lucy Hall - 'Storytelling at its best, a gripping book which has you hooked from the first chapter & throughout!'
- Candy Hart - 'I have always been such a huge fan of Lesley Pearse and this book is no exception. Wonderful characters and wonderful descriptions 10/10 for this fab story.'
Win tickets to Chiddingstone Castle Lit Fest
We have four pairs of tickets to give away to hear Alison Weir at the Chiddingstone Castle Literary Festival Sunday 30 April 4 - 5 pm. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter. Multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once and the prize cannot be exchanged for cash and does not include transport or accommodation. Draw closes on Friday 17 April. The winners will be chosen randomly from all entrants and will be notified by 20 April 2017.
Without a Trace by Lesley Pearse
International number one bestselling author Lesley Pearse brings a compelling story of courage, friendship and love in her brand new novel Without a Trace. Coronation Day, 1953. Molly Heywood has always been a pillar of strength for her local community, so when her friend Cassie fails to attend the Coronation Day party in the village, it is Molly who heads out in the rain to look for her. But nothing can prepare Molly for what she is going to discover. Now with Cassie gone and her six-year-old daughter Petal missing, it is up to Molly to head to London to uncover the past Cassie kept so well hidden. But will Molly discover the truth before it's too late? Or has Petal disappeared forever? From the number one UK bestselling author Lesley Pearse comes Without a Trace, a gripping story of bravery, secrets and love. Praise for Lesley Pearse: Storytelling at its very best. (Daily Mail). I absolutely loved it. The characters are likeable and the writing is always brilliant. (Sun). Intriguing, heart-tugging, beautifully written. (Closer). An addictive tear-jerker with characters you'll adore, laugh with and cry for. (Bella). Evocative, compelling, told from the heart. (Sunday Express). Lesley Pearse's novels have sold over ten million copies worldwide. Her seventeen most recent books, including Forgive Me, The Promise and Belle have all been huge bestsellers. Lesley lives near Bristol and has three daughters and three grandchildren.
'Evocative, compelling, told from the heart' Sunday Express
'Utterly riveting, brilliant' Closer
'Full of love, passion and heartbreak' Best
'Glorious, heartwarming' Woman & Home
About the Author
Publication date7th May 2015
More books by Lesley Pearse
Author 'Like for Like'
Author's Facebook Latest
PublisherMichael Joseph Ltd an imprint of Penguin Books Ltd
CategoriesModern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
Lovereading - a community of people passionate about reading and sharing their views. An incomparable website for book lovers.Helen Clark
I recommend Lovereading because you get honest reviews on a whole range of genres-there's something for everyone. It's the only site I need.Sian Spinney
Hooked on books? Give Lovereading a go - for the chance to discover brilliant books, and to see why our members love it so.Claire Hill
If you LOVE reading then you will love LOVEREADING! It's a 'novel' idea. Seriously though I could not recommend them enough.Rebecca Whymark
The best new books on the market, reviewed honestly, to give your readers the best choices.Julie Cook
It gives a chance to read about new titles, invites comments from all kinds of readers and is run by such a nice bunch of book lovers.Joy Bosworth
It's the first site that I visit when deciding on the next set of books to buy. A particular treat is being able to download an extract.Tessa Olson
I love that Lovereading handpicks very special debut reads.Magda North