LoveReading View on Cold Revenge
A tenacious crime thriller with a difference; where the focus is a self contained, single minded and absolutely fanatical DCI who is prepared to ignore or even trample over any police policies and procedures that are in her way. You don’t need to have read the first in the series ‘Time To Die’, to enjoy this slice of crime fiction. If you are a comfy armchair detective, you may find yourself settling into a different seat for this read… there is a pivotal moment in this novel, just one word makes all the difference between suspecting and knowing who the killer is long before the investigating team. The author feeds the reader far more information about the killer than Hanlon has at her fingertips and this doesn't detract from observing her as she battles her way (sometimes quite literally) through the investigation. Whether you like or dislike Hanlon isn't important, it’s actually whether you want right to kick and stomp all over wrong. ~ Liz Robinson
Cold Revenge Synopsis
Detective Inspector Hanlon is back. She's been promoted and now she goes undercover in Oxford to find the sadomasochistic killer of two students. Philosophy lecturer Dr Gideon Fuller, with his penchant for high end sadistic sex, is in the frame, but Hanlon is not convinced. From the specialist brothels in Oxford and Soho, to the inner sanctum of a Russian people trafficker with a taste for hurting women, the trail leads Hanlon deeper and deeper into danger - until she herself becomes the killer's next target.
We're teaming up once again with Orenda to offer another brilliant book giveaway!
This book bundle will include some of their latest releases from December to March. A fantastic opportunity to stock your bookshelves. The titles up for grabs are:
Winterkill by Ragnar Jonasson - Published December 2020
There's Only One Danny Garvey by David F. Ross - Published January 2021
Deity by Matt Wesolowski - Published February 2021
Smoke Screen by Thomas Enger, Jorn Lier Horst - Published February 2021
Hotel Cartagena by Simone Buchholz - Published March 2021?
Bound by Vanda Symon - Published March 2021
This draw is open only for UK residents currently in the UK and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once. The draw closes on 31st March 2021. Please ensure that the details you use to enter the competition will be correct at the time the competition ends. The winners will be notified as soon as possible.
Cold Revenge Reader Reviews
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Jocelyn Garvey - 'A roller coaster of a ride. A DI who does what it takes to get her men. Very enjoyable.' Read full review >
- Carol Peace - 'Great read and a must for fans of straight talking policing.' Read full review >
- Daran Bellingham - 'DI Hanlon: this policewoman is too good to be true, unconventional … but she makes good reading.' Read full review >
- Jan Kirkcaldy - 'An interesting start to an intriguing story. Overall I did enjoy the story but felt I’d met many of the characters before albeit in slightly different circumstances.' Read full review >
- Joan Sidwell - 'This is a very fast paced and thrilling read and a rattling good story.' Read full review >
- Ray Orgill - 'The plot behind the book is very convoluted and follows modern police procedure closely. It involves all manner of criminal characters and unpleasant actions.' Read full review >
- Katherine Stewart - 'Dark, but disappointing.' Read full review >
- Pam Kennedy - 'I really enjoyed this book - it was quick and intelligent. I must read his other books.' Read full review >
- Judith Sharp - 'You've never met a cop like Hanlon and if you're on the wrong side of the law you don't want to meet her. Forget hard men, this is one hard woman.' Read full review >
- Cathy Small - 'A thrilling read that keeps you gripped from the first page until the finale.' Read full review >
- Robin L - 'Action moves swiftly and although it is a bit predictable it does hold your attention to the end. A nicely judged balance of different elements makes for an interesting book...' Read full review >
- Iris Clements - 'Although Hanlon is not portrayed as a likeable character, the author almost dares you not to empathise with her...I enjoyed this book immensely.' Read full review >
- Phylippa Smithson - 'Tricked into believing that the murderer being sought by DCI Hanlon, was the obvious target, I have just read one of the most fantastically clever thrillers.' Read full review >
- Helen Lowry - 'A newly promoted lady DCI, a murdered student, Russian criminals and the murky world of sadistic sex. It all adds up to a very good read...Well recommended.' Read full review >
- Rachael Anderson - 'Cold Revenge is a different type of crime novel. A gripping piece of work, but not particularly believable at times.' Read full review >
- Sarah Williams - 'Poor Police Procedural.' Read full review >
If you loved this, you might like these...