If You Were Me
£13.99 saving £2.80 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
Sarah Broadhurst's view...
July 2014 Book of the Month and eBook of the Month.
A very classic Sheila O’Flanagan tale with a strong message and a charming tale of will she/won’t she while we know exactly what she should do. Whether she does or not is up to you to find out in this hugely enjoyable read.
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Phylippa Smithson - 'So refreshing to become absolutely absorbed in a story with whom the lead character I could totally identify. O’Flanaghan has come up with yet another cracker.' Read full review >
- Mandy Carver - 'Right from the start I was gripped by this book, I was willing the taxi driver to drive faster! I loved reading about Carlotta's teenage years and I was interested to hear Luke's side of the story too.' Read full review >
- Jenny Heardman - 'A light, easy to read book with some great characters, interesting plot twists and a beautiful Spanish setting. Perfect to take on holiday.' Read full review >
- Sarah Harper - 'A really lovely, effortlessly romantic read. Sheila O’Flanagan is a master storyteller and If You Were Me does not disappoint.' Read full review >
- Wendy Stubbs - 'I knew that as soon as I had read the first page, I was going to enjoy this book. I was absorbed in the storyline, the characters and the settings from page one.' Read full review >
- Carla Senior - 'I had high expectations with the beautiful cover and heartwarming dedication inside but was very disappointed with the book.' Read full review >
- Jane Nicol - 'First love is always special but is it enough to change your life? Put your feet up and escape into Carlotta's story, we all deserve a treat.' Read full review >
- Joy Bosworth - 'Up to her usual standard, Different but real people.' Read full review >
- Linda Bear - 'perfect holiday read although even though I thought it was a bit flimsy and predictable.' Read full review >
- Janet Rundle - 'although it's an easy, holiday read, I wasn't impressed.' Read full review >
- Margaret Ashworth - 'easy read but not a 'page turner' for me.' Read full review >
- Jaci Elliott - 'An easy summer read, which makes me want to visit Seville.' Read full review >
- Daryl Issitt - 'It was a very light quick holiday read, I found it quite enjoyable, but the characters were a little weak and the outcome predictable.' Read full review >
- Charlie Pritchard-Williams - 'I started this book whilst on a coach to London, which kind of helped me to identify with the main character - Carlotta, she too was also traveling for work at the beginning, but I worried I was going to miss my coach!' Read full review >
- Lyn Crisp - 'I quite enjoyed the book...All in all, a nice holiday read.' Read full review >
- Suzanne Marsh - 'I knew that I was going to enjoy reading the book If You Were Me by Sheila O'Flanagan as soon as I read the first sentence.' Read full review >
- Joanne Nuttie - 'Another new author for me, I will definitely be reading more of her books...his was an easy light read, with a few twists and turns that made you want to keep on reading.' Read full review >
- Emma Barton - 'This book follows the story of Carlotta, a thirty something business woman as she reassesses her life after a chance encounter with an old boyfriend from her teenage years.' Read full review >
- Angela Rhodes - 'I loved this, as it made me laugh, and feel for poor Carlotta, and ohhh Luke, I loved Luke, he reminded me of a boy I used to know.' Read full review >
- Jan Kirkcaldy - 'Not normally my sort of book but I really enjoyed it. Great escapism with a feel good factor. Ideal Summer holiday reading. I will certainly be reading other Sheila O’Flanagan novels.' Read full review >
- Sallyann Spittle - 'I was absolutely hooked on this book after just a couple of pages. It grips you from the start and you just have to continue reading...What a story – brilliant narrative and excellent storylines!' Read full review >
If You Were Me by Sheila O'Flanagan
Carlotta O'Keefe is happily engaged, and the wedding plans are coming together. She's clear about her future path, both personally and in her busy career. Maybe Chris doesn't make her heart race every time she sees him, but you can't have that feeling for ever. Can you? Then, on a trip to Seville, Carlotta runs into Luke Evans. Luke broke her heart so long ago she'd almost convinced herself she'd forgotten him. Now, he's not that boy any more, but an attractive and intriguing man. And he can explain everything that happened way back when. Suddenly Carlotta's not so sure of anything any more. Except that what she decides now will shape the rest of her life...
'Really enjoyable... will keep you guessing right up until the end' Heat (on THINGS WE NEVER SAY)
'A very warm and touching book... deserves to be a bestseller' Woman's Way [on BETTER TOGETHER)
'Entertains, surprises and provokes' Irish Independent (on ALL FOR YOU)
'Romantic and charming, this is a real must-read' Closer (on STAND BY ME)
'A big, touching book sure to delight O'Flanagan fans' Daily Mail (on THE PERFECT MAN)
'O'Flanagan's lightness of touch and gentle characterisations have produced another fine read; an ideal addition to that summer holiday' Sunday Express (on HOW WILL I KNOW?)
'Hugely enjoyable' Best (on ANYONE BUT HIM)
About the Author
Publication date3rd July 2014
More books by Sheila O'Flanagan
Author 'Like for Like'
Author's Facebook Latest
PublisherHeadline Review an imprint of Headline Publishing Group
CategoriesModern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
I 'Lovereading' because it lets me see what new books are around with a detailed synopsis and readers' reviews.Judith Sharp
I love reading books I wouldn't normally choose before everyone else gets to read them!Dawn Lynch
Lovereading is an amazing place to be, the website is wonderful and to me if I'm sad I'll go here and it cheers me up!Sophia Upton
I recommend Lovereading because you get honest reviews on a whole range of genres-there's something for everyone. It's the only site I need.Sian Spinney
I love Lovereading for the wonderful like for like author recommendations and for highlighting new books, it's a great resource for readers!Lindsay
Discover new authors and enjoy old favourites; oodles of literary gems to uncover at Lovereading with candid reviews from real reviewers.Emily Wright
At Lovereading there are fabulous books available in every genre, with great reviews to help you pick the right book for you.Teresa O'Halloran
The selections are so varied and the reader reviews are so helpful. A fantastic website for those who love books.Ann Quintilla