This edition has not yet been published
If available, why not choose another format from the 'Other Formats' box on the right.
Don't Let Go
£12.99 saving £2.60 (20%)
As soon as this book is published
we will send you an email.
Please login (or signup) to pre-order this book
You will need to Sign Up or Login to pre-order this book, as we have to know where to send it when it's published.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password\nand let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
A captivating, fiendishly puzzling crime drama with an exotic, fascinating backdrop. Martial, Liane, and their daughter Sopha are on holiday on the island of Reunion in the Indian Ocean, then Liane disappears and Martial finds himself the only suspect. The main pair in the investigating team are simply fabulous characters, in particular Christos, who would rather sit back with a glass of rum than work for a living. Michel Bussi has the wonderful ability to take you on a completely different journey with each book he writes, yet each is a compelling, high-octane, outstanding read. I found my thoughts tumbling over each other as Bussi took me into the minds of the characters. The daughter Sopha talks in the the first person, creating incredibly intimate and powerful moments in time. Translations of certain local words sit waiting for you, allowing a discovery of the place and people. ‘Don’t Let Go’ twists and writhes, constantly moving forward, tension escalates until the final heart-stopping moments. ~ Liz Robinson
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Dana Captainino - 'The location with its complex racial mix and dramatic scenery plays its own crucial part and with vivid descriptions there is an element of Death in Paradise here. The characters are colourful and vibrant and unfailingly believable.'
- Nicola Edwards - 'Full of suspense and excitement – a must read for all crime fans!'
- Linda Boa - 'Exciting, unpredictable, clever, twisty - some ways to describe this superb thriller about a manhunt on a tropical island, as a murder suspect with his six year old daughter run rings round the police.'
- Sheila Dale - 'A good thriller which keeps the reader guessing right up to the end.'
- Glenda Worth - 'Don't Let Go by Michel Bussi - a murder story or not? keeps the reader guessing. Set on an island La Reunion, based around the Bellion family it’s eEasy to read with an unexpected outcome!'
- Angie Rhodes - 'This is a gripping page turner, I devoured it in one sitting. If you liked ‘Gone Girl’, and ‘The Girl on the Train’, you will want to read this!!'
- Edel Waugh - 'I recommend this book for all those who love a main character with a shady past and a plot that sped along, it will pull you along willingly to the end and will keep you up until the wee hours of the morning.'
- Laura Delve - 'A clever, unique thriller about a man's missing wife and the constant question surrounding whether he is responsible.'
Don't Let Go by Michel Bussi
In an idyllic resort on the island of La Reunion, Liane Bellion and her husband Martial are enjoying the perfect moment with their 6-year-old daughter. Turquoise skies, blue sea, palm trees, a warm breeze. Then Liane disappears. She went up to her hotel room between 3 and 4pm and never came back. Her husband, worried, had gone to the room along with the concierge - the room was empty but there was blood everywhere. Despite his protestations of innocence, the police view Martial as their prime suspect. He was the only other person who went to the hotel room between 3 and 4pm according to the staff of the hotel. Then he disappears along with his daughter. With Martial as prime suspect, helicopters scan the island, racial tensions surface, and more corpses are found. Is he really his wife's killer? And if he isn't, why does he appear to be so guilty?
Praise for Michel Bussi:
'A novel so extraordinary that it reminded me of reading Steig Larsson for the very first time ... Bussi breaks every rule in the book, but I doubt I'll read a more brilliant crime novel this year' Sunday Times on AFTER THE CRASH
'Thriller of the month' Good Housekeeping on AFTER THE CRASH
'A richly satisfying story...a hugely enjoyable ride.' Irish Independent on AFTER THE CRASH
'The novel ends with one of the most reverberating shocks in modern crime fiction' SUNDAY TIMES on BLACK WATER LILIES
'A work of genius befitting the masterpiece by Monet at its heart ... Simply stunning' DAILY EXPRESS on BLACK WATER LILIES
About the Author
Publication date27th April 2017
More books by Michel Bussi
Author 'Like for Like'
PublisherWeidenfeld & Nicolson an imprint of Orion Publishing Co
CategoriesCrime & mystery
Thriller / suspense
Fiction in translation
I read new, exciting writers and established authors before publication and there is a great website full of brilliant books and opinions.Lynda
Lovereading recommends, honestly reviews and promotes books-what more can I say?!Rachel Bridgeman
Lovereading has given me the opportunity to delve into new and exciting worlds of authors who I would never have tried before.Glynis Elliott
I love Lovereading for the wonderful like for like author recommendations and for highlighting new books, it's a great resource for readers!Lindsay
A great place to go to find your next literary escape, and where you don't have to judge a book by its cover!Suzanne Beney
Lovereading is a wonderful way to expand my literary horizons, discover inspiring authors & get the chance to read new novels first. #loveitZarina de Ruiter
Because of Lovereading I have broadened my reading horizons with some really great books that I probably would never have chosen myself.Susan Walsh
Love Reading - it not only does what it says on the tin, it does it with Jam on!!Maz Tucker