Don't Let Go
£12.99 saving £2.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
A captivating, fiendishly puzzling crime drama with an exotic, fascinating backdrop. Martial, Liane, and their daughter Sopha are on holiday on the island of Reunion in the Indian Ocean, then Liane disappears and Martial finds himself the only suspect. The main pair in the investigating team are simply fabulous characters, in particular Christos, who would rather sit back with a glass of rum than work for a living. Michel Bussi has the wonderful ability to take you on a completely different journey with each book he writes, yet each is a compelling, high-octane, outstanding read. I found my thoughts tumbling over each other as Bussi took me into the minds of the characters. The daughter Sopha talks in the the first person, creating incredibly intimate and powerful moments in time. Translations of certain local words sit waiting for you, allowing a discovery of the place and people. ‘Don’t Let Go’ twists and writhes, constantly moving forward, tension escalates until the final heart-stopping moments. ~ Liz Robinson
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Dana Captainino - 'The location with its complex racial mix and dramatic scenery plays its own crucial part and with vivid descriptions there is an element of Death in Paradise here. The characters are colourful and vibrant and unfailingly believable.'
- Nicola Edwards - 'Full of suspense and excitement – a must read for all crime fans!'
- Linda Boa - 'Exciting, unpredictable, clever, twisty - some ways to describe this superb thriller about a manhunt on a tropical island, as a murder suspect with his six year old daughter run rings round the police.'
- Sheila Dale - 'A good thriller which keeps the reader guessing right up to the end.'
- Glenda Worth - 'Don't Let Go by Michel Bussi - a murder story or not? keeps the reader guessing. Set on an island La Reunion, based around the Bellion family it’s eEasy to read with an unexpected outcome!'
- Angie Rhodes - 'This is a gripping page turner, I devoured it in one sitting. If you liked ‘Gone Girl’, and ‘The Girl on the Train’, you will want to read this!!'
- Edel Waugh - 'I recommend this book for all those who love a main character with a shady past and a plot that sped along, it will pull you along willingly to the end and will keep you up until the wee hours of the morning.'
- Laura Delve - 'A clever, unique thriller about a man's missing wife and the constant question surrounding whether he is responsible.'
- Nicola Cooper - 'Great thriller and page turner!
- Jane Brown - 'A crime novel to stop you in your tracks, beautiful island, holiday with husband and daughter - what could go wrong- wife is murdered husband appears guilty- did he murder his wife? Fast paced with incredible twists and turns...This is an author to look out for.'
Win an exclusive Lovereading Canvas bag worth £9.99
This month we have 3 of our sturdy, exclusive and simply gorgeous Lovereading Canvas book bags. To have a chance of winning this wonderful prize, click the button below.
Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter. Draw closes on 2 May 2017. The winner will be chosen randomly from all entrants and will be notified by 14 May 2017.
Our canvas bags are also available for sale with an RRP of £9.99. However, if you spend more than £25.00 on books, through Lovereading, you can claim one totally FREE OF CHARGE! Or spend over £15.00 on books, through Lovereading, and you can buy one for the special price of just £4.99. Click here to find out more.
Here's what one of our members thinks of her bag
A big thank you for the two Lovereading bags I ordered, which have arrived safely. I love mine and will use it with pride. The bags are lovely quality, sturdy and support a good cause in the Rewrap initiative; I think they make the perfect accessory for any book lover. The second bag was a gift for my sister and she says she will take it to her next book group meeting to help spread the Lovereading word. Once again, many thanks. Emily Wright
Don't Let Go by Michel Bussi
In an idyllic resort on the island of La Reunion, Liane Bellion and her husband Martial are enjoying the perfect moment with their 6-year-old daughter. Turquoise skies, blue sea, palm trees, a warm breeze. Then Liane disappears. She went up to her hotel room between 3 and 4pm and never came back. Her husband, worried, had gone to the room along with the concierge - the room was empty but there was blood everywhere. Despite his protestations of innocence, the police view Martial as their prime suspect. He was the only other person who went to the hotel room between 3 and 4pm according to the staff of the hotel. Then he disappears along with his daughter. With Martial as prime suspect, helicopters scan the island, racial tensions surface, and more corpses are found. Is he really his wife's killer? And if he isn't, why does he appear to be so guilty?
Praise for Michel Bussi:
'A novel so extraordinary that it reminded me of reading Steig Larsson for the very first time ... Bussi breaks every rule in the book, but I doubt I'll read a more brilliant crime novel this year' Sunday Times on AFTER THE CRASH
'Thriller of the month' Good Housekeeping on AFTER THE CRASH
'A richly satisfying story...a hugely enjoyable ride.' Irish Independent on AFTER THE CRASH
'The novel ends with one of the most reverberating shocks in modern crime fiction' SUNDAY TIMES on BLACK WATER LILIES
'A work of genius befitting the masterpiece by Monet at its heart ... Simply stunning' DAILY EXPRESS on BLACK WATER LILIES
About the Author
Publication date27th April 2017
More books by Michel Bussi
Author 'Like for Like'
PublisherWeidenfeld & Nicolson an imprint of Orion Publishing Co
CategoriesCrime & mystery
Thriller / suspense
Fiction in translation
I recommend Lovereading because you get honest reviews on a whole range of genres-there's something for everyone. It's the only site I need.Sian Spinney
Lovereading helps me decide what real people read.Kerry Bridges
Love Reading - it not only does what it says on the tin, it does it with Jam on!!Maz Tucker
Hooked on books? Give Lovereading a go - for the chance to discover brilliant books, and to see why our members love it so.Claire Hill
If you love reading, then you'll love Lovereading! Full of tips & info for every discerning reader.Lynne Rapson
My favourite thing about is the 'like for like' page this has really introduced me to some good reads! That and lots of honest reviews.Sam Lewis
Lovereading - a community of people passionate about reading and sharing their views. An incomparable website for book lovers.Helen Clark
Their sending me my first book to review 18 months ago re-awakened my fondness for reading, since then I have purchased some real gems.Barry Griffiths