Sometimes I Lie
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
A novel to meddle with your thoughts and taunt your gut instincts… Amber is in hospital in a coma, her thoughts are knocking at the door of her awareness as she attempts to remember what has happened to her. The story switches between Alice’s thoughts in the present, revisiting the week prior to her admittance to hospital, and diary entries from the early nineties. Alice Feeney has the ability to see inside the hidden sections of the human soul and express our innermost fears. At times I felt disorientated, as the lies and truths warp and twisted around each other, the ending had me revisiting my thoughts and feelings. ‘Sometimes I Lie’, on occasion uncomfortable and challenging, walks a razor sharp edge of belief and understanding, will you discover the truth? ~ Liz Robinson
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can click here to read the full reviews.
- Helen Appleby - 'the best book I have read in a long time, thrilling, gripping and enticing at every page turn.'
- Caz Barnett - 'It is an extraordinary book and you will exhale slowly once you have finished it, vowing to live life to the full.'
- Phylippa Smithson - 'a must for lovers of The Girl On The Train – totally compelling, a real page turner and an ending totally not anticipated.'
- Janet Gilliard - 'Wow! This debut novel is a must read.'
- Jaine Ellis - 'Sometimes I Lie has to be THE BEST novel I have read, it is clever, unsettling, intriguing and utterly convincing.'
- Nikki Whitmore - 'Very twisty-turny, lots of unexpected developments and the ending was a masterpiece where threads I hadn't even realised were threads were woven together to form one shocking big picture.'
- Sophia - 'Wow!! I loved this story...really put me on edge in a good way!'
- Nicki Southwell - 'With psychological twists and turns, the characters are manipulative, evil and very clever. You won't sleep until you have finished!'
- Tasha Potter - 'Absolutely fantastic!! Just when you thought you may have figured it out something else was thrown into the mix making you re-evaluate everything once again.'
- Carol - 'Beware this book will mess with your mind! But that's ok, it's brilliant!'
- Lorraine Blencoe - 'This is exactly what a thriller should look like.'
- Tanera Simons - 'I loved how gripping and brilliantly deceptive this book is. There were so many twists – and lies – that I was kept guessing throughout.'
- Adrienne Kinsella - 'Sometimes I Lie is a gripping thriller that is impossible to put down. The shocking surprises keep on coming and there are multiple twists to keep the reader in suspense.'
- Liz Bloomer - 'A gripping novel which, once you start it, you can't possibly put down! If this is her first novel then bring on the next!'
- Sarah Harper - 'With more twists and turns than you can shake a stick at, this fantastic psychological thriller is a real roller coaster of a read.'
- Teresa O'Halloran - 'Just when you thought the psychological thriller had been done to death along comes Alice Feeney with a plot so wild it will shock you!'
Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney
A bold and original voice - I loved this book. Clare Mackintosh, author of I Let You Go My name is Amber Reynolds. There are three things you should know about me: 1. I'm in a coma. 2. My husband doesn't love me anymore. 3. Sometimes I lie. Unnerving, twisted and utterly compelling, you won't be able to put this new thriller down. Set to be the most talked about book in 2017, it's perfect for fans of Behind Closed Doors, The Girl on the Train and The Widow.
“For fans of twisty, dark thrillers, this is the one. Fabulously written voices and a plot that keeps you guessing until the very end.” Kate Hamer, Author of THE GIRL IN THE RED COAT
“Fiendishly clever – an absolute masterclass in plotting and narrative design.” Richard Skinner, Author and Director of Fiction at Faber Academy
“Exceptional plotting. Expect perfectly imbedded twists and sharply drawn characters. A brilliant thriller.” Ali Land, Author of GOOD ME BAD ME
"Boldly plotted, tightly knotted -- a provocative true-or-false thriller that deepens and darkens to its ink-black finale. Marvellous." AJ Finn, Author of THE WOMAN IN THE WINDOW
“An utterly compelling, twisted, shocking psychological thriller that made me gasp out loud.” Sophie Raworth, BBC Presenter
“You wish there were more books like Sometimes I Lie: unusually, it’s both a compelling psychological thriller and beautifully written. There’s also a parade of more or less monstrous characters, a narrator as unreliable as they come and a late twist you’re most unlikely to see coming. Tremendously satisfying.” Nick Higham, BBC Meet The Author Presenter
About the Author
Publication date23rd March 2017
More books by Alice Feeney
Author 'Like for Like'
Author's Facebook Latest
PublisherHQ an imprint of Harlequin (UK)
CategoriesThriller / suspense
I recommend Lovereading because you get honest reviews on a whole range of genres-there's something for everyone. It's the only site I need.Sian Spinney
Lovereading does a stella job in promoting both new and established authors.Iris Clements
It gives a chance to read about new titles, invites comments from all kinds of readers and is run by such a nice bunch of book lovers.Joy Bosworth
I love Lovereading because I get to read great books and then get to tell everybody how good they are.Sally Doel
It is a website dedicated to those who adore reading It really is a one stop shop for book lovers. Love it!Edel Waugh
Lovereading always comes up with great suggestions and has introduced me to enjoyable books and new authors to discover.Gaynor Passmore
Books of the month/debuts of the month, kids/adults, fiction/non-fiction, free prize draws and free extracts, what's not to love?Emma Smith
Lovereading has all the new books and also suggestions for 'similar' authors whilst waiting for your favourites new books.Carol Peace