Sometimes I Lie
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
A novel to meddle with your reasoning and taunt your gut instincts… Amber is in hospital in a coma, her thoughts are knocking at the door of her awareness as she attempts to remember what has happened to her. The story switches between Alice’s thoughts in the present, revisiting the week prior to her admittance to hospital, and diary entries from the early nineties. Alice Feeney has the ability to see inside the hidden sections of the human soul and express our innermost fears. At times I felt disorientated, as the lies and truths warp and twisted around each other, the ending had me revisiting my conclusions and feelings. ‘Sometimes I Lie’, on occasion uncomfortable and challenging, walks a razor sharp edge of belief and understanding, will you discover the truth? ~ Liz Robinson
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can click here to read the full reviews.
- Helen Appleby - 'the best book I have read in a long time, thrilling, gripping and enticing at every page turn.'
- Caz Barnett - 'It is an extraordinary book and you will exhale slowly once you have finished it, vowing to live life to the full.'
- Phylippa Smithson - 'a must for lovers of The Girl On The Train – totally compelling, a real page turner and an ending totally not anticipated.'
- Janet Gilliard - 'Wow! This debut novel is a must read.'
- Jaine Ellis - 'Sometimes I Lie has to be THE BEST novel I have read, it is clever, unsettling, intriguing and utterly convincing.'
- Nikki Whitmore - 'Very twisty-turny, lots of unexpected developments and the ending was a masterpiece where threads I hadn't even realised were threads were woven together to form one shocking big picture.'
- Sophia - 'Wow!! I loved this story...really put me on edge in a good way!'
- Nicki Southwell - 'With psychological twists and turns, the characters are manipulative, evil and very clever. You won't sleep until you have finished!'
- Tasha Potter - 'Absolutely fantastic!! Just when you thought you may have figured it out something else was thrown into the mix making you re-evaluate everything once again.'
- Carol - 'Beware this book will mess with your mind! But that's ok, it's brilliant!'
- Lorraine Blencoe - 'This is exactly what a thriller should look like.'
- Tanera Simons - 'I loved how gripping and brilliantly deceptive this book is. There were so many twists – and lies – that I was kept guessing throughout.'
- Adrienne Kinsella - 'Sometimes I Lie is a gripping thriller that is impossible to put down. The shocking surprises keep on coming and there are multiple twists to keep the reader in suspense.'
- Liz Bloomer - 'A gripping novel which, once you start it, you can't possibly put down! If this is her first novel then bring on the next!'
- Sarah Harper - 'With more twists and turns than you can shake a stick at, this fantastic psychological thriller is a real roller coaster of a read.'
- Teresa O'Halloran - 'Just when you thought the psychological thriller had been done to death along comes Alice Feeney with a plot so wild it will shock you!'
Win an exclusive Lovereading Canvas bag worth £9.99
This month we have 3 of our sturdy, exclusive and simply gorgeous Lovereading Canvas book bags. To have a chance of winning this wonderful prize, click the button below.
Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter. Draw closes on 2 May 2017. The winner will be chosen randomly from all entrants and will be notified by 14 May 2017.
Our canvas bags are also available for sale with an RRP of £9.99. However, if you spend more than £25.00 on books, through Lovereading, you can claim one totally FREE OF CHARGE! Or spend over £15.00 on books, through Lovereading, and you can buy one for the special price of just £4.99. Click here to find out more.
Here's what one of our members thinks of her bag
A big thank you for the two Lovereading bags I ordered, which have arrived safely. I love mine and will use it with pride. The bags are lovely quality, sturdy and support a good cause in the Rewrap initiative; I think they make the perfect accessory for any book lover. The second bag was a gift for my sister and she says she will take it to her next book group meeting to help spread the Lovereading word. Once again, many thanks. Emily Wright
Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney
A bold and original voice - I loved this book. Clare Mackintosh, author of I Let You Go My name is Amber Reynolds. There are three things you should know about me: 1. I'm in a coma. 2. My husband doesn't love me anymore. 3. Sometimes I lie. Unnerving, twisted and utterly compelling, you won't be able to put this new thriller down. Set to be the most talked about book in 2017, it's perfect for fans of Behind Closed Doors, The Girl on the Train and The Widow.
“For fans of twisty, dark thrillers, this is the one. Fabulously written voices and a plot that keeps you guessing until the very end.” Kate Hamer, Author of THE GIRL IN THE RED COAT
“Fiendishly clever – an absolute masterclass in plotting and narrative design.” Richard Skinner, Author and Director of Fiction at Faber Academy
“Exceptional plotting. Expect perfectly imbedded twists and sharply drawn characters. A brilliant thriller.” Ali Land, Author of GOOD ME BAD ME
"Boldly plotted, tightly knotted -- a provocative true-or-false thriller that deepens and darkens to its ink-black finale. Marvellous." AJ Finn, Author of THE WOMAN IN THE WINDOW
“An utterly compelling, twisted, shocking psychological thriller that made me gasp out loud.” Sophie Raworth, BBC Presenter
“You wish there were more books like Sometimes I Lie: unusually, it’s both a compelling psychological thriller and beautifully written. There’s also a parade of more or less monstrous characters, a narrator as unreliable as they come and a late twist you’re most unlikely to see coming. Tremendously satisfying.” Nick Higham, BBC Meet The Author Presenter
About the Author
Publication date23rd March 2017
More books by Alice Feeney
Author 'Like for Like'
Author's Facebook Latest
PublisherHQ an imprint of Harlequin (UK)
CategoriesThriller / suspense
Why I love @lovereadinguk? It's in the name - as dedicated lovers of reading, they are perfect matchmakers for helping me find my next read!Catherine Jenkins
Lovereading are lovely people who send me lovely books. What's not to love?Gavin Dimmock
The selections are so varied and the reader reviews are so helpful. A fantastic website for those who love books.Ann Quintilla
If you LOVE reading then you will love LOVEREADING! It's a 'novel' idea. Seriously though I could not recommend them enough.Rebecca Whymark
A well laid out site, I love the fact that is separates paranormal fiction from fantasy and horror, which other sites don't.Jen Rainbow
I love Lovereading for the wonderful like for like author recommendations and for highlighting new books, it's a great resource for readers!Lindsay
Lovereading has all the new books and also suggestions for 'similar' authors whilst waiting for your favourites new books.Carol Peace
Lovereading is not only an amazing site, but it's one of my very favourites. It's like visiting a fascinating bookstore, but better.Rebecca Jayne Barrett