LoveReading View on The Last Kiss Goodbye
February 2016 Book of the Month.
An enchanting and engaging novel containing two poignant stories that fuse gradually into a captivating read. The flirty, lively prologue, full of society’s elite in 1961, serves a final tantalising slice of intrigue before chapter one begins in the present day. Abby finds a mesmerising photo from the past, while Rosamund steps outside of her known world to explore the possibility of love. It is the women in ‘The Last Kiss Goodbye’ who sit centre stage and hold the enticing key of possibilities, their search for answers, for the truth, take this novel in some wonderfully unexpected directions. Tasmina Perry balances the two time frames, two women, two loves, with care and attention, at no point does one overshadow the other. Both gripping and moving, this is a stimulating and satisfying tale full of secrets and surprises. ~ Liz Robinson
One of our Books of the Year 2015.
The Last Kiss Goodbye Synopsis
A spellbinding tale of love, loss and long-buried secrets from the Sunday Times bestselling author. If you loved spending A Week in Paris with Rachel Hore or losing yourself in Songs of Love and War by Santa Montefiore, you will adore Tasmina Perry's The Last Kiss Goodbye. Everyone remembers their first kiss. But what about the last? 1961. Journalist Rosamund Bailey is ready to change the world. When she meets explorer and man about town Dominic Blake, she realises she has found the love of her life. Just as happiness is in their grasp, the worst happens, and their future is snatched away. 2014. Deep in the vaults of a museum, archivist Abby Gordon stumbles upon a breathtaking find. A faded photograph of a man saying goodbye to the woman he loves. Looking for a way to escape her own heartache, Abby becomes obsessed with the story, little realising that behind the image frozen in time lies a secret altogether more extraordinary.
We are offering THREE lucky people the chance to win the Series 4 box set of the hit ITV period drama (RRP: £24.99).
1796: To defend Cornwall and those he loves from an empowered George, Ross must learn to play the political game on a journey that takes him to the nation's capital and into new perils. While Demelza manages the Poldark’s affairs at home, Elizabeth moves to further secure her marriage. Drake struggles in resigning Morwenna to life with Osborne and the Enyses are tested as never before. Prime Minister Pitt calls an election and uncertainty grips the country. While Ross watches Cornwall suffer under the power of Truro’s MP, George Warleggan, Demelza’s infidelity leaves her strained between her husband and a lovesick Hugh, who is set to rival George in the upcoming election. The Enyses contemplate having a child and Elizabeth seeks the same to secure her marriage. Meanwhile, Morwenna uses Osborne’s affair with her sister Rowella to keep the reverend’s advances at bay and Demelza seeks to reconcile rival local Lords Falmouth and Basset.
The draw closes on the 31st August and the winner will be notified by the 7th September.
The Last Kiss Goodbye Reader Reviews
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can click here to read the full reviews.
- Julie Bickerdyke - 'There are so many raw emotions running through the book with powerful themes: love, friendship, betrayal, death, ethics. They are all handled expertly and make this a fabulous book to read.'
- Jillian McFrederick - 'Loved it! First book I've read by this author and I was impressed. An engaging love story which held my attention from beginning until end.'
- Gill Dally-Fitzsimons - 'Wonderful, heart-breaking and inspiring.'
- Nicola - 'Love stories, secrets and betrayal keep you hooked from beginning to end!'
- Anne Cater - 'All consuming love, buried secrets, beautiful locations and flawed but exciting characters. This is a satisfying read, with twists and turns and an old-fashioned love story at its heart.'
- Sarah Harper - 'A gorgeous book which draws you in effortlessly and is a totally absorbing and enjoyable read.'
- Victoria Goldman - 'The Last Kiss Goodbye is a lovely emotional read with
an intriguing story at its heart. This is a story of love, passion, deception, mystery and suspense. I finished reading it with tears in my eyes.'
- Phylippa Smithson - 'Quality chick-flick with a meaty plot, engaging characters all pulled together with some excellent writing. Perfect holiday reading.'
- Jan Kirkcaldy - 'I would thoroughly recommend it. It’s sensitively written, it held my interest throughout and is a great holiday read.'
- Emily Wright - 'An absolute pleasure to read, The Last Kiss Goodbye left me with a smile on my face and a tear in my eye.'
- Sallyann Spittle - 'What an absolutely brilliant book by this great author! I was amazed at how the story kept me riveted to the pages. A great read and one that makes me want to read more of Tasmina Perry’s work.'
- Joy Bosworth - 'I enjoyed the earlier part of this book very much.'
- Suzanne Marsh - 'This is a story of secrets, love and betrayal. But as the saying goes - it's never too late to start again. Could this be true for one the characters in The Last Kiss Goodbye?'
- Janet Gilliard - 'I really enjoyed this novel. Set in 1961 and 2014, it is a heartbreaking love story with a buried secret. I have never read any of
Tasmina Perry's novels and will go and read some more. I highly recommend this.'
- Julie Bertschin - 'A beautifully written story of love and loss which sweeps back in time to the Cold War...The story unravels slowly in a tantalising way, keeping the reader hooked to discover the truth.'
- Edel Waugh - 'The story takes us from country to country and at the centre of it all is a story about love, a never ending love that endures no matter what happens.'
- Isobel Finbow - 'Such a treat. I was absorbed from the first chapter and by the end I would not have guessed the route their lives had taken. Very enjoyable and well paced.'
The Last Kiss Goodbye Press Reviews
'Another note-perfect read from Tasmina Perry Red Romance, adventure, mystery...(a) beautifully written and engaging tale Heat With political intrigue and sweeping romance, this is a compelling read' Sunday Express
'A great story about lost love, exploration and long-buried secrets... A perfect rainy Sunday read' Marie Claire
If you loved this, you might like these...
All versions of this book
Publication date: 28/01/2016
Publisher: Headline Review an imprint of Headline Publishing Group
Publication date: 10/09/2015
Publisher: Headline Review an imprint of Headline Publishing Group
About Tasmina Perry
Tasmina Perry is the author of the huge Sunday Times Top Ten bestsellers Daddy's Girls, Gold Diggers, Guilty Pleasures, Original Sin, Kiss Heaven Goodbye, Private Lives and Perfect Strangers. She left a career in law to enter the world of women's magazine publishing, going on to win the New Magazine Journalist of the Year award, edit numerous national publications and write on celebrity and style for titles such as Elle and Glamour. In 2004 she launched her own travel and fashion magazine, Jaunt, and was Deputy Editor of InStyle magazine when she left the industry to write books full time. Her ...
More About Tasmina Perry