LoveReading View on Seeing Other People
Clever and touching, this is a book about love, trust and the reality of bringing up a family. As loveable, weary Joe tells his emotional story, you will find yourself alternately wanting to slap his self-pity then hug his remorse and regret. As his wife and children struggle to understand his actions, an occasional visit from a straight talking ghostly ex-girlfriend and three quirky yet regular guys from the Divorced Dads’ Club help to add a little humour and spirit to the mix. Gayle is able to take the everyday and help you view things from a different perspective, things that are immediately obvious are not necessarily as clear-cut as they would first seem. ~ Liz Robinson
Seeing Other People Synopsis
Father of two Joe Clarke, is about seventy-eight per cent sure he's just had an affair. After all that is the hopelessly attractive office intern in bed next to him, isn't it? But then again if he did have an affair why can't he remember anything at all about the night in question? Mortified by his mistake, Joe vows to be a better man. But when his adored wife Penny puts two and two together and leaves him, things start to take a turn for the decidedly strange. Joe is told for a fact that he DIDN'T have an affair after all. He just thinks he did. Which is great news ...or at least it would be if the person who'd just delivered it wasn't the crisp-eating, overly perfumed and mean-spirited GHOST of his least favourite ex-girlfriend ...S EEING OTHER PEOPLE is a hilarious and bittersweet novel about love, parenthood and fidelity, and how easy it is to get lost on the way to your own happy ending.
We have three SIGNED copies of The Woman in the Window to give away PLUS some popcorn to enjoy as you read. The Woman in the Window has sold more than 2 million copies and it a thriller that is not to be missed!
"Oh my word, this is an absolutely cracking psychological thriller." - Liz Robinson, Editorial Expert.
Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once. The draw closes on 28th January 2019. The winners will be notified by 4th February 2019.
Seeing Other People Reader Reviews
In addition, some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Iris Clements - 'This is Joe’s story – sometimes funny, sometimes sad but nevertheless a delightful account from a man’s perspective. Something we see too little of but brilliantly depicted by the author.' Read full review >
- Celia Cohen - 'Heartbreaking, heart warming, thought provoking and extremely readable. A wonderful book.' Read full review >
- Joanne Nuttie - 'I have read every one of Mike Gayle's books over the years he has always been a favourite author. I was chuffed to be chosen to review this book! He didn't let me down.' Read full review >
- Tanya Thurling - 'What a lovely book...This is the first book I've read by Mike Gayle and I shall certainly be reading more.' Read full review >
- Linda Hill - 'Charming and engaging 'chap-lit' that successfully fulfils all the conventions of good chick-lit.' Read full review >
- Cat Hogwood - 'A novel exploring love, family and those alternative possibilities we dream about...Its slight twist sets it apart from other novels and at the end of the book you realise you've been on the journey with the characters.' Read full review >
- Neil Williams - 'A very enjoyable read. Mike Gayle has a great way of making the everyday enjoyable on the page. In this case the pain of separation on a family, including a novel twist.' Read full review >
- Kate Thacker - 'The only things bad about this book is that it alerted me to the fact I have never read Mike Gayle before!!' Read full review >
- Lynda DeFreitas - 'This tale is light-hearted, funny, thought provoking and at times heart-rending, I enjoyed reading this book from an author I'd not read before and I'm going to be looking out for more of his books.' Read full review >
- Donna Smith - '‘Seeing Other People - A good story, of a family struggle as told by the man of the house. This is another great book from Mike Gayle.' Read full review >
- Megan Williams - 'A heart-warming novel that perfectly captures the challenges and rewards of parenting and being a faithful parent and partner...This novel is funny, heart-warming, thought-provoking and at times tear-jerking; it’s a lovely read.' Read full review >
- Cathy Burman - 'A witty, bittersweet story, a little far-fetched in parts (but hey this is fiction and escapism, so a little far-fetched is allowed!).' Read full review >
- Maz Tucker - 'The new book by Mike Gale, Seeing Other People, is a really good book that shows us all, that if we take the wrong route things go drastically wrong.' Read full review >
- Lisa Faulkner - 'Mike Gayles Seeing Other People was eagerly anticipated! However, the book did not lead up to expectations.' Read full review >
- Jennie Thrift - 'A novel with family at its heart…you will see yours in a new light after reading this book...Hat’s off to you Mike Gayle – I thank you.' Read full review >
- Judy Connolly - 'What happens when you are tempted and make the wrong choice?...A funny heartening story, as we have come to expect from Mike Gayle.' Read full review >
- Michelle Russ - 'Unfortunately this book really wasn't for me...I'm sure that others will enjoy this book, but I think I will stick to chick lit as opposed to man lit in future!' Read full review >
- Zarina - 'It's rare to come across a novel with a male protagonist that depicts a powerful group of friends, but it was refreshing to read such a different perspective on infidelity, family and loss.' Read full review >
- Katie Hoare - 'There is humour in this book and the reader is made to feel empathy for all the characters involved, and there are some very touching moments throughout' Read full review >
- Katy Noyes - 'It will make a good TV film/short series. It's going to be a good summer read but wasn't as satisfying as I was hoping for.' Read full review >
- Frida - 'Seeing other people is a very humorous and lovingly told story of how relationships work and how fragile even the most stable and secure of situations can be.' Read full review >
- Rebecca Whymark - 'Good book, a little predictable...I’m glad I read it though and would try more from the author.' Read full review >
- Phylippa Smithson - 'What a winner Mike Gayle has created as we near the imminent school summer holidays when a genuinely absorbing 'chick' read is in order.' Read full review >
- Georgia Churchill - 'Seeing Other People is an extraordinary book like no other. It’s not something I would usually go for, however this book has totally changed my mind.' Read full review >
If you loved this, you might like these...