Black MoonThe Broken Trilogy Series
£8.99 saving £1.80 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
March 2017 NewGen Book of the Month.
A fitting and truly fabulous end to the breathtaking Broken Trilogy. It’s 1942, nearly two thousand years after time was reset and war and atomic weapons were banned, yet a terrifying regime is attempting to stamp and bully its way across the world. The resistance has a voice, Amity is determined to fight to the bitter end. This is an epic story, 650 pages flew by as my heart sank, wept, and sang. L. A. Weatherly doesn't always allow time to run concurrently, instead significant moments remain hidden, biding their time, waiting to surprise. Uncomfortable truths stride across the page, yet they don’t preach, instead this punchy, vibrant, incredible trilogy allows you to make comparisons, to feel, to think, to decide. l absolutely adore and highly recommend Black Moon, it storms your emotions, echoes the past, and yet, is a warning from the future. ~ Liz Robinson
Teens love to read and so in addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read the first title in the Broken Trilogy, Broken Sky. You can read their full reviews here.
- Jodi Coffman, age 14 - 'Broken Sky was one of the best books I have read in a long time.'
- Humaira Kauser, age 17 - 'This book is one to look out for. Broken Sky is going to be one of the hottest YA books of 2016!'
- Amelia Corrick-Gough, age 14 - 'This book was so good! The ideas behind this world were very creative, and I particularly liked the ideas of peacefighters, those who take to the skies to fight another plane, keeping the peace.'
- Edel Waugh - 'This was an interesting world created around astrological signs and how the world is grouped depending on them. It was an interesting and enjoyable plot and Amity was an inspiring female lead character.'
- Eloise Mae Clarkson, age 14 - 'This is a book I would definitely recommend to a friend. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would rate it five out of five stars.'
- Izzy Read, age 15 - 'A decisive tale of the oncoming of war- ironically set in a “perfect” world, where war is illegal...'
Black Moon by L. A. Weatherly
Welcome to New Manhattan, home of dictator, Kay Pierce, and her enemies in the resistance...Leading them is Amity. Working undercover for them is the man who betrayed her. Because even when her world is broken, Amity will risk her life to fix it. Set in a daring and distorted echo of 1940s America, Black Moon brings this epic series of corruption, romance and intrigue to an explosive finale.
Praise for The Broken Trilogy:
“Written with Weatherly’s trademark style, suspense, creativity and energy, this is a gripping, fascinating thriller peopled with seductive characters caught up in extraordinary events and perilous times.” Lancashire Evening Post
“Broken Sky has that rarest of qualities - it feels utterly fresh and unique.” The Zoe-Trope
Praise for L. A. Weatherly
“Truly gripping.” Malorie Blackman
“Thrilling and romantic.” Ruth Warburton
“Will have you thrilled, scared and heartbroken.” Teri Terry
“Wonderful, original.” The Sun
“Packed with suspense and drama.” The Daily Mail
About the Author
Publication date1st March 2017
AuthorL. A. Weatherly
More books by L. A. Weatherly
Author 'Like for Like'
Author's Facebook Latest
PublisherUsborne Publishing Ltd
CategoriesAdventure stories (Children's / Teenage)
I love that Lovereading handpicks very special debut reads.Magda North
At Lovereading there are fabulous books available in every genre, with great reviews to help you pick the right book for you.Teresa O'Halloran
Lovereading is pitched at just the right level for all the various types of people who enjoy reading in its many forms.Pam Woodburn
I love Lovereading because of its ability to connect people that love books & unite them in a friendly, stimulating & interesting community.Megan Olwen William
I love reading because my cares & woes vanish for an hour or two whilst I read of the joys, adventures, lives of the characters in the book.Jennifer Moville
It's information about new books so, for a book lover like me, what's not to like!Joan Hill
Why I love @lovereadinguk? It's in the name - as dedicated lovers of reading, they are perfect matchmakers for helping me find my next read!Catherine Jenkins
They are bright, breezy and eager to offer a great book, then genuinely listen/respect the review one writes.Maggie Crane