LoveReading View on One Step Too Far
One of the Top 10 Lovereading Reader Review Panel Summer Read selections.
To say too much about this brilliant, clever, psychological thriller would be to risk giving some of its secrets away. Emily is leaving her husband and family to start a new life. As the story progresses Seskis steadily teases out the details of Emily’s life through short sharp narratives from her, her husband and her twin sister building to the shocking and impossible to guess twist. Riveting, taut and hugely enjoyable. ~ Sarah Broadhurst
May 2014 MEGA Debut of the Month.
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
One Step Too Far Synopsis
Tina Seskis' stunning debut novel, One Step Too Far, is a gripping and haunting psychological thriller. 'It's funny how easy it is, when it really comes down to it, to get up from your life and begin a new one...' An apparently happy marriage. A beautiful son. A lovely home. Yet one morning Emily Coleman wakes up and walks right out of her life. What makes her do it? How will she survive? And, no matter how hard she tries, can she ever really say goodbye to her past? Emily has a secret. No-one has ever guessed it. Will you? Tina Seskis' One Step Too Far is an absolutely unputdownable story of secrets and heartbreak.
To celebrate the September release of Cass Green's "dynamic, powerfully expressive novel" Don't You Cry, we are giving away FIVE copies of the latest psychological thriller AND a 'Most Stressful Night of Your Life package' of luxury Hot Chocolate and a MINI Bottle of Whiskey!!!
She saved your life. Now she'll make you pay - One stolen baby. Two desperate strangers. One night of terror.
The competition closes on the 11th October 2018. The winner will be informed by the 17th October 2018.
To have a chance of winning this fantastic prize, click the button below. Please note that this draw is open only for UK residents and is free to enter and you must be 18 or over to enter this competition. Multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once. By entering this competition you are agreeing to the conditions mentioned above and to adhere to the LoveReading Terms and Conditions.
One Step Too Far Reader Reviews
- Yvonne Reynolds - 'Why would you leave your perfect family and home to start a new life from scratch? It was so cleverly written...leading to a wonderful finale and plot twist.' Read full review >
- Emma Smith - 'Gripping reading right through to the end...Some sensitive topics, but they were approached with respect and care. I look forward to her next book!' Read full review >
- Sarah Harper - 'A very, very cleverly written book with a perfectly executed twist. One Step Too Far is an extremely well written, enthralling read.' Read full review >
- Monica Hunt - 'Such a gripping plot. Seskis holds you with glimpses into the past that tempt and tease you; culminating into an emotional rollercoaster of an ending.' Read full review >
- Gavin Dimmock - 'Loved it! Buy this book and enjoy a great read. A page turning "Why They Done It". HIGHLY RECOMMENDED' Read full review >
- Lesley Hart - 'This fast-paced and incredibly moving story gripped me instantly. The knowledge that Emily hasn't chosen to leave her family dangles a constant hook of wanting to find out why and follow her destiny.' Read full review >
- Anne Cater - 'Tina Seskis has produced a story that is so intricate and tightly plotted that the reader really has no choice to keep reading ... just another chapter, and another, and another.' Read full review >
- Julie Bertschin - 'Tragedy makes people change in many ways, forcing us to reevaluate our lives. Whether we choose to run from our past or battle on is something we will never know until it happens to us.' Read full review >
- Sophie Hedley - 'With tons of mystery, plenty of twists and an intriguing main character, One Step Too Far is great entertainment for fans of books which always keep you guessing.' Read full review >
- Sara McLaughlin - 'An excellent read - very well paced. This is an emotionally charged story that is combined with twists and turns that keep you guessing and asking “Why?” - Definitely one I’ll recommend to friends.' Read full review >
- Ann - 'A story with a heart-breaking twist at the end...It is a wonderfully written book that I recommend to everyone.' Read full review >
- Nancy Krois - 'This book makes the reader ask 'why?' many times. It is only at the end, when the answer is presented to us, that we can really understand what we've been reading.' Read full review >
- Val Rowe - 'Unputdownable! I was totally hooked from the very first page and when the twist came ... and came again... I was speechless.' Read full review >
- Sarah Musk - 'this is a gripping, exciting book which is difficult to put down.' Read full review >
- Riki Gabrielle Bill - 'This book is the emotional journey of one woman with a terrible secret that keeps the reader guessing until the end. I would highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a great read.' Read full review >
- Fiona Rothery - 'I am sure many people would find this book with its emotional portrayal of the characters and the events that change their lives very moving but as a thriller it did not live up to my expectations.' Read full review >
- Debbie Wood - 'A real page turner! Great story which kept me wanting to read more. Found it hard to put this book down!' Read full review >
- Peter Land - 'A really engaging read; love story, tragedy, social commentary, it's got the lot!' Read full review >
- Judith Waring - 'Such a good book, excellent writing that pulls you right into the heart of the story and envelops you completely. You are swept up right from the start.' Read full review >
- Hilary - 'I really enjoyed this story. The twists in the plot kept me turning the pages wanting to know the truth!' Read full review >
- Stephanie Blakey - 'This is one of the most compelling books I have read this year. I raced through it and the characters stayed with me after I had finished. Great imagination and characterisation.' Read full review >
- Rachel Aygin - 'The plot gripped me right from the beginning. We are given a tantalising glimpse into Emily's past then left dangling as we desperately want to find out her secret.' Read full review >
- Phylippa Smithson - 'Talk about unputdownable! I read this book in two days. To delay in learning the answer as to what was that ‘one step too far’ was NOT an option.' Read full review >
- Celia Cohen - 'Intriguing and enthralling...I found myself still thinking of the story long after I'd finished the book. Definitely recommended.' Read full review >
- Lisa Faulkner - 'A real gem of a book! I loved it!' Read full review >
- Ruth Carson - 'This was a very compelling book which held me from the first page to the last...A must read. I would highly recommend this book.' Read full review >
- Sarah Jones - 'I thought I would guess Emily's secret but I didn't and when it was finally revealed it was shocking and heartbreaking. I had to read the passage again straight away.' Read full review >
- Annette Woolfson - 'A very accomplished first novel and I will definitely look out for future titles by this author.' Read full review >
- Sallyann Spittle - 'Wow, wow and triple wow! This book had me transfixed from the moment I started reading it.' Read full review >
- Marjorie Lacy - 'This is a well written book and easy to read. I shall look forward to read her next book, when it is finished.' Read full review >
- Katie Dickinson - 'A fantastic book, well written and compelling, a definite re-read and recommendation to friends.' Read full review >
- Karen Clark - 'Had me hooked right from the start- Emily is such a believable character and you need to know why she has done what she has. It will make you cry!' Read full review >
One Step Too Far Press Reviews
'One Step Too Far is a genius tale with a twist.' Stylist
'A gripping thriller that will delight fans of the unexpected twist ending.' Grazia
'On occasion, haven't we all wanted to ditch our responsibilities, change our name and run off into a new life? Emily (or is it Catherine?) takes the plunge in this smartly written thriller.' Time Out
'Taut, compelling... a storming read' The Bookseller Books of the Year 2013
If you loved this, you might like these...