A Seaside Affair
£12.99 saving £2.60 (20%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock we will send you an email.Compare book price We'd love you to buy your books from Lovereading - especially if we helped you to choose them! But as our mantra is guidance, and that includes guidance on price, please do use our 'Compare Book Price' service to discover if the best value deal is from Lovereading or another specialist bookstore.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
Sarah Broadhurst's view...
Yes, this is the Fern Britton of TV fame and a very good author she is too. This is set in the Cornish seaside town of Trevay, as was her last, The Holiday Home. Indeed it features many of the same characters but you don’t need to have read the earlier book, it’s just a bonus if you have. This one is about saving the local theatre from the claws of a national coffee chain. It is when something is threatened that a community suddenly values it and how this community bands together to challenge the council is brilliant. An old play is resurrected, old cast members brought in and a crooked councillor fought. It really is the most enormous fun.
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can click here to read the full reviews.
- Lisa Hall - 'A fabulous story, set in a Cornish seaside town, with some brilliant characters. I loved it!'
- Angie Rhodes - 'This fun and delightful novel, will have you longing for sea, sand and Cream Teas.'
- Shaun O'Keefe - 'If you are looking for a book with characters, a setting, and a story that you will just fall in love with, then look no further, you've found it with ‘A Seaside Affair’.'
- Carol Peace - 'A great down to earth and fun book.'
- Nickey Hawryszczuk - 'A really light hearted, easy read which I would recommend to readers who enjoy Jill Mansell novels. Set in a picturesque seaside town in Cornwall, the story really draws you into it.'
- Isobel Finbow - 'Sassy, endearing, witty and jolly good fun. Fern knows how to draw you in and take you with her in her bag to Cornwall.'
- Joanne Baird - 'Ideal summer holiday reading.'
Carolyn Huckfield - 'A light hearted romp around the Cornish village we’d all love to live in. It is a story with a happy ending and there are celebrities thrown in for good measure.'
- Melanie Chadwick - 'A warm, humorous story of a desperate bid to save a seaside theatre from a take-over from corporate greed and corrupt politicians and the shifting relationships of those involved.'
- Suzanne - 'A Seaside Affair is a delightful read about wonderful, eccentric people who are trying to rescue a coastal town theatre.'
- Christine Harris - 'A simple story and an easy read. It centres around the relationships and love lives of the actors, actresses and a rock star called Red. There are a few surprises including a love triangle.'
- Edel Waugh - 'This was a perfect cosy read full of celebrities and their outrageous lives, couples having relationship ups and downs and a community coming together to fight for a good cause. A heartwarming read!'
- Ruth - 'In Trevay, Cornwall, a group of colourful locals plan to get a revival of an original show to save their local theatre. An uplifting, fun novel with a contemporary setting.
A Seaside Affair by Fern Britton
When the residents of the Cornish seaside town of Trevay discover that their much-loved theatre is about to be taken over by coffee chain, Cafe au Lait, they are up in arms. It is up to Penny Leighton, hotshot producer and now happily married Cornish resident, to come up with a rescue plan. Armed with only her mobile phone and her contacts book, she starts to pull in some serious favours. The town is soon deluged by actors, all keen to show their support and take part in a charity season at the theatre. One of the arrivals is Jess Tate, girlfriend to TV heartthrob Ryan Hearst. His career is on the rise while hers remains resolutely in the doldrums. But when opportunity comes calling, it isn't just her career prospects that are about to change. Trevay is about to put on the show of its life - but can the villagers, and Jess, hold on to the thing they love the most?
Praise for New Beginnings 'Complicated friendships and tales of a chaotic love life make this a must-read.
'A light-hearted, fun read that perfectly captures the sights and smells of village life.'
'Fern Britton has transferred her fun and friendly charm to the page'
About the Author
Publication date24th April 2014
More books by Fern Britton
Author 'Like for Like'
Author's Facebook Latest
PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Ltd an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers
CategoriesModern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
Love books. Love reading. Love reading books. And, here's the trick. Here's a website which caters for people like me.Ian Harvey-brown
Lovereading takes the guesswork out of finding your next read with "if you like you'll love" and extracts to help with your decision.Sarah Bruch
Lovereading is like booking a holiday, you don't know what it will be like and it is a whole new experience.Sue Burton
It has opened my eyes to different authors and genres. Just log on and try, you will be surprised and not want for reading material again.Jocelyn Garvey
Lovereading is pitched at just the right level for all the various types of people who enjoy reading in its many forms.Pam Woodburn
Insightful reader reviews and unbiased recommendations. I don't know how I chose books before Lovereading! An essential for all book lovers.Sarah Harper
Lovereading recommends, honestly reviews and promotes books-what more can I say?!Rachel Bridgeman
Discover new authors and enjoy old favourites; oodles of literary gems to uncover at Lovereading with candid reviews from real reviewers.Emily Wright