The InheritanceSwell Valley Series Series
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
Sarah Broadhurst's view...
July 2014 Book of the Month.
Glamour in the manor! Tilly Bagshawe, author of jet-setting, glitzy novels turns her sights on to the British top set, all very Jilly Cooper-esque and great fun. Tatiana had expected to inherit her family’s estate but her father leaves it to a self-made millionaire cousin in Australia. So daggers are drawn and Tatiana (Tati) does all she can to contest the will and win the estate … only she has to do a lot more than just go to court! I am told this begins a series of Tati’s exploits – great.
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Kath Martin - 'What can I say ? - This book is scandalous, full of ruthless characters and their nasty, filthy, sexually explicit exploits - I loved it!' Read full review >
- Cheryl Kinney - 'Gripping read with interesting and glamorous characters. Perfect summer read, escapism at its best.' Read full review >
- Gerri Tennant - 'Swell Valley - Swell read. A wonderful book to get lost in for a few hours, like hot chocolate with marshmallows.' Read full review >
- Ruth Paterson - 'Swell Valley is described as “Saucy, sophisticated and scandalous.” if you enjoy a good literary romp, such as Jacky Collins or Jilly Cooper, this is a series to look out for.' Read full review >
- Edel Waugh – 'A wonderfully Indulgent Read!...I recommend reading this in one gulp! Loved it!' Read full review >
- Julie Atherton - 'An exciting romp of a story in the style of Jilly Cooper.Pure escapism!' Read full review >
- Emily Wright - 'The Inheritance is a thoroughly enjoyable romp through Tilly Bagshawe’s fictional Swell Valley; a lighthearted, escapist read which would fit perfectly into many beach bags this summer.' Read full review >
- Jan Kirkcaldy - 'I would thoroughly recommend this story because, though on a familiar theme, it goes deeper into the different attitudes that prevail and the feelings of those involved. Great entertainment.' Read full review >
- Joy Bosworth - 'The whole premise for the book is who is entitled to the inheritance - and my conclusion is no one. Bring on the revolution!' Read full review >
- Marie Larby - 'If you like a rollicking romp of a holiday read, then this is the book for you.' Read full review >
- Kathy Howell - 'This is an enjoyable read that would be perfect for holidays...It is a book that is difficult to put down and it moves along at a good pace.' Read full review >
- Iris Clements - 'The villagers are brilliantly portraying in this romping rural setting and there are many twists and turns along the way.' Read full review >
- Jill Peters - 'Tilly Bagshawe lives up to her sparkling reputation by taking her readers on a delightful romp through the sleepy countryside of Sussex to the glamour of cosmopolitan cities.' Read full review >
- Cathy Petersen - 'This was easy to read with a good pace, not a novel you have to work at but certainly a fun read.' Read full review >
- Susan Walsh - 'An exciting read,where you can engage with the locals,romp through steamy bedroom scenes & wait to see the outcome for the gorgeous Tati.' Read full review >
- Nikki Clark - 'The Inheritance is a fabulous frolic with Fittlescombe's finest - sexy, scandalous and simply Swell!' Read full review >
- Teresa O'Halloran - 'Definitely one for fans of Jilly Cooper's very successful 'horsey set' novels who will love all this 'slap and tickle', unfortunately I don't.' Read full review >
- Nicky Hudson - 'A rip roaring summer read, guaranteed to chase out those winter blues...The Inheritance is everything it says on the cover "racy, pacy and scandalously indulgent".' Read full review >
- Judith Waring - 'a wonderful book that I really enjoyed reading, with great characters who I cared about...It definitely is a BIG book at just over 500 pages but I really wished it had been even longer.' Read full review >
- Magdalena Vidgen - 'I have to confess that, unfortunately, I didn't like this book. It was highly predictable, the characters were not believable and the plot was weak.' Read full review >
- Rachel Bridgeman - 'This is the perfect summer book... A comedy, a love story with scheming, plotting, great characters and a chunky read without being over long.' Read full review >
- Alison Greenacre - 'Dull, predictable and repetitive...I'm sad to say I will not be picking up another.' Read full review >
- Margaret Quirke - 'A rip roaring read! Difficult family relations, adultery, secrets and lies! Could not put it down!' Read full review >
The Inheritance by Tilly Bagshawe
Tatiana Flint-Hamilton's gilded cage is torn away when her estranged father dies. As the beloved family estate slips through Tati's fingers, the portraits of her ancestors look down disapprovingly. The new Lord of the Manor is just as ruthless as Tati. The old-world status of Furlings is everything the wealthy, self-made Brett Cranley has ever wanted. Luckily his wife Angela is the perfect homemaker, happy to fall into line with whatever Brett desires. Along with her two children, Furlings soon becomes Angela's lifeline, a place she can finally belong. And one she's not going to give up easily. Losing everything has made Tati realise that her rightful inheritance is all that she now lives for...and she will do anything to get it back. But the fate of Furlings lies in the hands of the villagers. Let the Fittlescombe fireworks begin!
'a cross between Jilly Cooper and Jackie Collins'
'You're always guaranteed a corking characters and a fast-paced read with a Bagshawe story, and this doesn't disappoint'
'the queen of chick-lit'
About the Author
Publication date19th June 2014
More books by Tilly Bagshawe
Author 'Like for Like'
Author's Facebook Latest
PublisherHarper an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers
CategoriesModern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
Lovereading is a wonderful way to expand my literary horizons, discover inspiring authors & get the chance to read new novels first. #loveitZarina de Ruiter
Lovereading is an amazing place to be, the website is wonderful and to me if I'm sad I'll go here and it cheers me up!Sophia Upton
Lovereading does a stella job in promoting both new and established authors.Iris Clements
It's the first site that I visit when deciding on the next set of books to buy. A particular treat is being able to download an extract.Tessa Olson
I love Lovereading because of its ability to connect people that love books & unite them in a friendly, stimulating & interesting community.Megan Olwen William
With literary excellence, humour and drama, Lovereading's got value and is a real stress-calmer!Siobhan McDowell
Lovereading is pitched at just the right level for all the various types of people who enjoy reading in its many forms.Pam Woodburn
It has opened my eyes to different authors and genres. Just log on and try, you will be surprised and not want for reading material again.Jocelyn Garvey