The Day We Disappeared
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
Sarah Broadhurst's view...
April 2015 Book of the Month.
A hugely enjoyable romance with the horsey world of thee-day eventing as its backdrop overshadowed by a creepy tale of a power freak and his outrageous and devastating behaviour. So through both a romance, light-hearted and often humorous, and a thriller, dark and powerful, we follow a tale of fear and love, of horses and relationships. This is very good indeed. Chic-lit with bite and a great twist.
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Kathy Martin - 'After a slow start, this book had me hooked. What I thought was going to be a typical frothy, chic-lit story about ponies and dating soon turned into a bit of a page-turner.' Read full review >
- Sarah Harper - 'A well-crafted, edgy and suspenseful romantic read, this takes your average ‘chick-lit’ read to a whole new level.' Read full review >
- Claire Simms - 'A gripping story about Annie who is mentally scared from a childhood tragedy. When she meets Stephen she thought things were changing for the better but he was not who he seemed to be.' Read full review >
- Jane Brown - 'Well written, great story, great author - this will be up there in the top ten and will be 2015’s great beach holiday read.' Read full review >
- Joan Hill - 'I was held spellbound by this fabulous, clever new novel from Lucy Robinson...You must read it – it’s a total revelation.' Read full review >
- Phylippa Smithson - 'I struggled to get into The Day We Disappeared but as I approached half way, I suddenly realised I was hooked.' Read full review >
- Cheryl Kinney - 'Great read that had me hooked!...I have never read any of Lucy Robinson's books before, I will definitely be reading more!' Read full review >
- Jacki Moorcroft - 'A corking read from Lucy Robinson, this book had me smiling and in tears at the appropriate points. Lucy's characters are very real, from page one you are absorbed into their lives and hopes.' Read full review >
- Kathy Howell - 'The characters are all well written and the narrative draws the reader in so that it is hard to put the book down. I would strongly recommend this book.' Read full review >
- Susan Burton - 'Thoroughly enjoyable read - would recommend.' Read full review >
- Julie Wragg - 'I found it a compelling read, a serious subject sensitively handled but written with humour and wit. I loved it, you should read it!' Read full review >
- Jill Peters - 'I can honestly say that I loved this book, it was gripping with plenty of twists and turns in the storyline. I would thoroughly recommend it as a great read.' Read full review >
- Edel Waugh - 'If you want a story that will stay with you long after you finish it and that will take you by surprise then read this as soon as you can. Breathtaking!' Read full review >
- Janet Gilliard - 'I love this book. Read it almost in one go...The fact that I guessed the twist early on did not detract from the story.' Read full review >
- Emily Wright - 'An utterly compelling read which I found myself totally immersed in. Humour, secrets and heartache are woven together to create an emotive, refreshing read about how people can run from everything but themselves…' Read full review >
- Ann Quintilla - 'This is a mystery and a love story that will keep you guessing and wondering.' Read full review >
The Day We Disappeared by Lucy Robinson
The unforgettable new novel from Lucy Robinson. Annie has a secret. But if she's not going to tell, we won't either. It's a heart-breaking secret she wishes she didn't have - yet Annie isn't broken, not quite yet. Especially now there's someone out there who seems determined to fix her. Kate has run away. But she's not going to tell us why - that would defeat the point of running, wouldn't it? It's proving difficult to reinvent herself, however, with one person always on her mind. Scratch beneath the surface and nobody is really who they seem. Even Annie and Kate, two old friends, aren't entirely sure who they are any more. Perhaps you can work it out, before their pasts catch up with them for good...A gripping and unpredictable story of two young women running from their pasts. We defy you to guess the twist...L
'We want to climb the highest mountain and shout about this book to the world. We laughed, we cried, we fell in love - and we haven't stopped going on about it ever since!' Heat
'I have been raving about this book ever since I read it - hilarious, heartwarming and brilliantly original!' Paige Toon on The Unfinished Symphony of You and Me
'Romantic and laugh-out-loud hilarious' Cosmopolitan
'One of Britain's most talented rising stars' Huffington Post
About the Author
Publication date9th April 2015
More books by Lucy Robinson
Author 'Like for Like'
Author's Facebook Latest
PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
CategoriesModern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
Lovereading is not only an amazing site, but it's one of my very favourites. It's like visiting a fascinating bookstore, but better.Rebecca Jayne Barrett
Lovereading has all the new books and also suggestions for 'similar' authors whilst waiting for your favourites new books.Carol Peace
I love 'try before you buy' extracts. I love the wide range of authors & genres. I love the author info. I love books!Judi Davies
With literary excellence, humour and drama, Lovereading's got value and is a real stress-calmer!Siobhan McDowell
Insightful reader reviews and unbiased recommendations. I don't know how I chose books before Lovereading! An essential for all book lovers.Sarah Harper
You can trust Lovereading to show unbiased reviews by actual, ordinary readers that help likeminded booklovers choose their next great read.Linda Hill
It is a website dedicated to those who adore reading It really is a one stop shop for book lovers. Love it!Edel Waugh
I love the 'like for like' author recommendations, it's like an old friend whispering in your ear.Emma Caddick