St John's College, Cambridge, founded in 1511 by Lady Margaret Beaufort, is one of the largest colleges in the University, and is home to one of Cambridge's famous landmarks, the Bridge of Sighs. The author, R. F. Scott, was Master of the College from 1908 until his death in 1933. This history, first published in 1907, covers the period from its foundation, on the ancient site of the hospital of St John the Evangelist, to the start of the twentieth century. Each chapter is dedicated to a different century, and the book finishes with an account of the contemporary social life of the college. Copiously illustrated throughout and with a comprehensive index, this book will appeal to anyone interested in Cambridge University and specifically to those fascinated by college life and history.