LoveReading Expert Review of The Ice Twins
One of our Books of the Year 2015.
Chosen as a Richard and Judy Book Club selection Autumn 2015.
Twins, the mother Sarah favours one, the father Angus the other. When one dies aged six the devastation in the family is catastrophic. Then Sarah begins to worry whether maybe they buried the wrong twin, especially when the remaining one goes to a new school and starts calling herself by her dead sister’s name. Both parents have different fears for different reasons and you, the reader, are completely involved in their worries. The clever writing keeps you absolutely on the edge of your seat. How this affects everyone and the revelation of what actually happened is terrific stuff. A great read, highly recommended. ~ Sarah Broadhurst
The Ice Twins Synopsis
One of Sarah's daughters died. But can she be sure which one? A terrifying psychological thriller that will chill you to the bone. A year after one of their identical twin daughters, Lydia, dies in an accident, Angus and Sarah Moorcraft move to the tiny Scottish island Angus inherited from his grandmother, hoping to put together the pieces of their shattered lives. But when their surviving daughter, Kirstie, claims they have mistaken her identity - that she, in fact, is Lydia - their world comes crashing down once again. As winter encroaches, Angus is forced to travel away from the island for work, Sarah is feeling isolated, and Kirstie (or is it Lydia?) is growing more disturbed. When a violent storm leaves Sarah and her daughter stranded, Sarah finds herself tortured by the past - what really happened on that fateful day one of her daughters died?
We are teaming up with translated crime fiction aficionados Bitter Lemon Press to offer a brilliant book giveaway!
This book bundle will include a copy of all six 2021 releases. The titles up for grabs are:
Crocodile Tears by Mercedes Rosende
The Measure of Time by Gianrico Carofiglio
How To Betray Your Country by James Wolff
The Basel Killings by Hansjo?rg Schneider
The Transparency of Time by Leonardo Padura
The Foreign Girls by Sergio Olguín
This draw is open only for UK residents currently in the UK and is free to enter, multiple entries from the same email address will only be counted once. The draw closes on 7th November 2021. Please ensure that the details you use to enter the competition will be correct at the time the competition ends. The winners will be notified as soon as possible.
Like For Like Featured Books
The Ice Twins Reader Reviews
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Anita Wallas - 'A tight and brilliantly executed plot that grabs from the outset and doesn't let go...this is a top rate psychological thriller that stays with you long after you've finished.' Read full review >
- Eloise Glynn - 'An absolutely gripping novel. Could not put it down. A beautifully written, yet haunting story, with twists and turns which constantly have you second guessing yourself. I highly recommend.' Read full review >
- Karen - 'An excellent, atmospheric and tension filled read. With well-drawn characters, albeit not always likeable, this almost spooky read kept me turning the pages.' Read full review >
- Pearl Wilson - 'This book will take you on a long, dark journey were the parents are taken to their very knees with feelings of guilt and foreboding plus the daughter they buried claims to be still alive!!' Read full review >
- Karen Clark - 'A perfect read for the winter months...I loved this book: it gripped me from the very beginning.' Read full review >
- Melanie Rose - 'A gripping read - you won't want to put it down!' Read full review >
- Liz Lyons - 'How well do you really know your children? What if your child died? What if the wrong child died? A book every mother should read.' Read full review >
- Teresa O'Halloran - 'I was totally blown away by this book. I love my psychological thrillers and I really believe this was the best one I have ever read.' Read full review >
- Carol Peace - 'A must read, full of twists and turns and you will be put through every emotion before the stunning end.' Read full review >
- Michelle Hodson - 'Fast moving absorbing plot. A ghost story with a difference. Atmospheric and entertaining with an unexpected twist at the end.' Read full review >
- Alison Bisping - 'A brilliant psychological thriller that makes you think, keep turning the pages and keeps you asking yourself questions about the story long after you finish the book.' Read full review >
- Anne Rhodes - 'Along the way, you will give a gasp or two as something unexpected happens. Your heart will go out to each of them – just keep reading this strongly written book.' Read full review >
- Vanessa Wild - 'I found this a very enjoyable, atmospheric and tense tale. It held my attention throughout and I was eager to turn the pages - I literally could not put it down!' Read full review >
- Neil Williams - 'This was an imagitively written chilling tale...Set in the wilds of Skye and stunningly described, this tale of emotional change, isolation and coming to terms with events was fabulous.' Read full review >
S. K. Tremayne Press Reviews
'Unbearably gripping and suspenseful'
'With its creepy premise and bleak but beautiful settings, S.K. Tremayne has created a haunting, powerful thriller'
Paula Daly, author of Just What Kind of Mother Are You?