Who's That Girl?
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
One kiss and your world falls apart, and you didn’t even instigate it! So this is Edie’s problem and the start of a light, highly infectious, delightful read from Mhairi McFarlane. Online persecution and abuse is beautifully handled and then Edie goes home to Dad and layabout sister to ghost an autobiography of a hot new film star. Naturally love blossoms but so does a fist full of problems as the media pounces. Edie has to cope with facing her own past and building a future. Great fun. ~ Sarah Broadhurst
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. Click here to read the full reviews.
- Hayley Rutland - 'The writing in this book crackles with wit and warmth and the characters are so well-developed and realistic I can still picture them now.'
- Suze Verbruggen - 'I often had a smile on my face while I was reading this book... I highly recommend this book, especially to people who are looking for a relaxing read.'
- Edel Waugh - 'This was such a fun read...If you enjoy an uplifting read this is the book for you.'
- Suzanne Marsh - 'Who's That Girl by Mhairi McFarlane is one hundred percent a brilliant story and so funny. With all the stress in our lives it is a joy to read a humorous novel with a brilliant plot.'
- Sarah Harper - 'With funny, insightful and moving moments and a sassy, confident and intelligent heroine, this will make a good summer read.'
- Nicola Southwell - 'I would recommend this as a good light-hearted view of the problems arising from doing something that is unacceptable, and how to put it behind you. Well written.'
- Janet Gilliard - 'I have read all of Mhairi McFarlane s books and she gets better every time.'
- Phylippa Smithson - 'Good coming-of-age story albeit at 35, even Edie herself is surprised it has taken so long. But at +500 pages, I found my interest waived.'
- Caroline Mathews - 'A funny, sad, entertaining and really enjoyable read - another winner from this fabulous author.'
- Gill Williams - 'Perhaps a little bit too long and a little bit too much breast beating on Edie's part but on the whole a well written, enjoyable light summer read.'
- Laura Lovelock - 'Mhairi is back with a hell of a bang. There’s women’s fiction and then there’s Mhairi. She stands head and shoulders above most with her witty, convincing and smart novels.'
- Megan Abbott - 'Overall, this has been one of the best rom-com books that I have read in a long time and would definitely recommend.'
Who's That Girl? by Mhairi McFarlane
'The perfect balance of romcom and drama!' GRAZIA She kissed the groom. She's not the bride...Edie thought she'd found The One...until he told her he was marrying someone else. And on the day of his wedding, when he kisses her, life really does go pear-shaped...Labelled as a home-wrecker and office outcast, when her boss offers her the chance to get out of town Edie jumps at it, even though moving back in with her eccentric father and prickly sister isn't exactly the escape she needs. When her work throws her into the path of rising star and heartthrob Elliot, Edie is expecting a highly strung diva. But as their unexpected friendship develops, Elliot isn't the only one in the spotlight...Who's that girl? Edie is ready to find out.
'Totally hilarious and wincingly real'
'Her best yet. Mhairi is single-handedly dragging romcoms into the 21st century'
'Her best yet - write faster!'
'No-one writes such wry, emotionally complex romantic fiction as Mhairi McFarlane'
'The perfect balance of romcom and drama... the ultimate holiday read!'
'Warm, nuanced, compelling'
'Intelligent and insightful'
'Sparky, smart, sore-stomach-laughing kind of read'
About the Author
Publication date9th February 2017
More books by Mhairi McFarlane
Author 'Like for Like'
PublisherHarper an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers
CategoriesAdult & contemporary romance
Lovereading is like booking a holiday, you don't know what it will be like and it is a whole new experience.Sue Burton
Hooked on books? Give Lovereading a go - for the chance to discover brilliant books, and to see why our members love it so.Claire Hill
Lovereading are lovely people who send me lovely books. What's not to love?Gavin Dimmock
It has opened my eyes to different authors and genres. Just log on and try, you will be surprised and not want for reading material again.Jocelyn Garvey
Lovereading is an amazing place to be, the website is wonderful and to me if I'm sad I'll go here and it cheers me up!Sophia Upton
My horizons have been broadened by some of the books I have been lucky to review and I expect it to be no different in the future.Daran Bellingham
I love the honest opinions, recommendations for every genre and every reader, wish lists and Like for Like.Amrita Dasgupta
Lovereading has all the new books and also suggestions for 'similar' authors whilst waiting for your favourites new books.Carol Peace