Not another diet book I heard myself say when this came across my path, but then I took a closer look and actually gave it the time of day. Crucially and unlike so many diet books this one is not about cutting carbohydrates or doing aerobics or using a tape measure constantly. Instead it’s straight-forward, no-nonsense realistic advice that will give you permanent weight-loss if you are prepared to take the time to better understand your body and what you need to do to maintain it at a realistic level.
YOU on a Diet is not another faddy crash-diet weight loss plan: you will lose weight – and a lot of it – but you will also gain the knowledge, insight and power to keep off the pounds you lose. Knowledge is the most powerful motivator when it comes to making the right food choices: know the ‘why’ and you'll successfully handle the ‘how’.
• Find out your ideal shape – and how to reach it
• Lose weight without hunger – you need only 100 calories less a day
• Enjoy flexibility – you can still indulge in treats
• Rebalance body chemicals and hormones – these, not willpower, dictate what you eat
• Stop worrying about what you weigh – it's your waist size that count
Roizen and Mehmet's clear plan combined with:
• Amazing YOU facts (e.g. 95% of your body's serotonin is found in your intestines – there's only 2-3% in your nervous system)
• Eating tips (e.g. eating a small handful of nuts before your meal tricks your body into thinking that you are fuller sooner)
• Interactive questionnaires (e.g. are your emotions affecting your food choices?)
make this diet one of the most cutting-edge and easy-to-follow of our time. Successful long-term weight loss is only found in one place: YOU.
Publication date: 02/01/2007
Publisher: Harpercollins Publishers
|Publication date:||2nd January 2007|
|Author:||Michael F, Oz, Mehmet C Roizen|
|Genres:||eBook Favourites, Mind & Body,|
Michael F. Roizen, MD, is one of the world's leading health experts and co-author of the multi-million-copy bestseller YOU: The Owner's Manual. He created the RealAge(r)concept and is the author of the no.1 New York Times bestseller RealAge. Roizen is also a professor of anesthesiology and internal medicine and chair of the Division of Anesthesiology, Critical Care Medicine and Comprehensive Pain Management at the Cleveland Clinic, Ohio.More About Michael F, Oz, Mehmet C Roizen