Remember My Name
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
A light, flirty and oh, so much fun, debut novel by model and TV presenter Abbey Clancy. 22 year old Jess, a party entertainer from Liverpool has always dreamed of being a famous singer, so she can live like a star and look after her family. When she gets offered the chance of a lifetime, will it live up to her dreams? This is a wonderfully down to earth tale, even as it explores the heady price of fame. Jess is a loveable main character, she makes plenty of mistakes along the way, yet it is easy to emphasise with her. The quick, lively wordplay makes this a very modern romantic story and an enjoyable and entertaining read. ~ Liz Robinson
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can click here to read the full reviews.
- Tracey Thomas -'Easy flow of writing with characters you will love and hate. With some laugh out loud moments.'
- Humaira Kauser - 'Remember My Name is so sweet, it made me all giggly, warm all over and butterflies in my stomach. This is a keeper!'
- Nicola Edwards - 'Really enjoyable - an ideal holiday read!'
- Nicola Kingswell - 'Heart-warming rags to riches story of Jess the singing superstar.'
- Edel Waugh - 'This was a lovely read and Jess is a very likeable character, you really want her to do well. There is many laugh out loud moments in the book that had me giggling in public.'
- Angie Rhodes - ' I really enjoyed the story and felt as if Jessica was a friend of mine, it is that well written. Looking forward to the next book from Abbey.'
- Diane Hinchley - 'Abbey Clancy brings all the characters fully to life and tells the story brilliantly...Can't wait for Abbey's second novel.'
- Sue Burton - 'Good read and had me laughing out loud in certain books. Thoroughly recommendable book and very impressed for a first novel.'
- Celia Cohen - 'A very satisfying read. You won't be able to put it down once you've started.'
- Cathy Small - 'A light hearted story about the stormy road to fame. Is it all what it really adds up to be? It is quite a predictable story but an enjoyable read.'
- Pauline Braisher - 'I really enjoyed this book and will definitely recommend it - it's a really good holiday read.'
- Wendy Stubbs - 'I would say that it would perhaps appeal to a younger...audience.'
- Carrie Jones - 'A light-hearted romp, perfect for hot days by the pool.'
- Nicola Underwood - 'A light hearted and funny book which is easy to read and enjoyable...It can be quite funny and is a bit sad too. Overall a good read.'
Remember My Name by Abbey Clancy
'A whirlwind of glitz and glamour...an entertaining debut' - OK! Model and TV presenter Abbey Clancy's debut novel is a romantic comedy about a girl from Liverpool who dreams of hitting the big time...From the moment Liverpool teenager Jess stars in the school musical, she knows that she's GOT to be a star. Fast forward a few years and the closest the now 22 year old Jessica has got to stardom is as a children's entertainer - which is where she meets Jack , uncle to the spoiled 5 year old birthday princess who spots Jessica's talent and offers her a job with a record label. But that means that she'll have to leave her family and her home and move to London - where she quickly finds that the streets aren't quite paved with gold. And as she spends her days making tea for bitchy PR girls and her night in a mouldy studio flat, Jessica wonders if leaving Liverpool for London has been a terrible mistake. Attending an industry party - unfortunately only to serve canapes - Jessica's fortunes suddenly change when Vogue, the singer due to perform at the event drops out. Before she knows it, Jessica volunteers to stand in and takes centre stage. After a dazzling performance, she is surrounded by people wondering who this amazing new talent is. What's more, her star turn has been captured by the press and she has become an overnight sensation. Plunged into the crazy world of glitz and glamour, Jessica's life is transformed but as her star rises, she loses touch with her roots. Jessica's teenage dreams of stardom may have come true, but at what cost?
About the Author
Publication date20th October 2016
More books by Abbey Clancy
Author 'Like for Like'
PublisherMira an imprint of Harlequin (UK)
CategoriesAdult & contemporary romance
With literary excellence, humour and drama, Lovereading's got value and is a real stress-calmer!Siobhan McDowell
You'll always find what you never knew you were looking for and you're always spoilt for choice.Helen Jones
Lovereading has given me the opportunity to delve into new and exciting worlds of authors who I would never have tried before.Glynis Elliott
I love Lovereading for the wonderful like for like author recommendations and for highlighting new books, it's a great resource for readers!Lindsay
I read new, exciting writers and established authors before publication and there is a great website full of brilliant books and opinions.Lynda
It's information about new books so, for a book lover like me, what's not to like!Joan Hill
I love reading because my cares & woes vanish for an hour or two whilst I read of the joys, adventures, lives of the characters in the book.Jennifer Moville
I 'Lovereading' because it lets me see what new books are around with a detailed synopsis and readers' reviews.Judith Sharp