£8.99 saving £1.80 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
Another lovely, heartfelt, so very readable tale from Cathy Kelly. Sisters Cassie and Coco find plenty of bumps and difficulties in their path, and slowly begin to realise how trauma from their childhood is still affecting them today. Cathy Kelly excels in creating a diverse cast of characters, with females taking centre stage. From little ones, to teenagers, sisters, Mums and Grandmothers, they all add to the inclusive cooking pot of warmth and emotion. I particularly enjoyed how several enticing small individual stories took place alongside and melded into the main one. ‘Between Sisters’ welcomes you into the pages, to become one of the family, to smile, comfort and cheer on these women, and is an engaging, charming read. ~ Liz Robinson
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. Click here to read the full reviews.
- Sophia Ufton - 'Wow, this book was beautiful! it was emotional in so many places but also made me laugh a lot too!!'
- Elisabeth Thomas - An amazing story of love, loyalty, hope and family. This is a book that everyone who has a family will be able to relate to.'
- Ann Peet - 'Warm, enjoyable story with a great cast of believable characters.'
- Sue Burton - 'This is a typical feel good Cathy Kelly read, she never disappoints.'
- Janet Gilliard - 'This is Cathy Kelly at her best.'
- Angela Rhodes - 'Once again Cathy has written a story that is bursting with characters you wished lived near you, sometimes tears but as always lots of laughter. A perfect autumn read.'
- Edel Waugh - 'Lovely characters and a great plot. A must read for all Cathy Kelly fans, she does not disappoint!'
- Jan Kirkcaldy - 'With its feel good factor it’s something to immerse yourself in when you want to escape after a busy day. Fans will love it.'
- Beryl White - 'Sorry - I found it disappointing and fairly predictable.'
- Wendy Stubbs - 'Cathy Kelly never fails to deliver. You will be hooked from the first page, there will tears, laughter and dismay...Just make sure you have tissues, time and enjoy the ride.'
- Jacki Moorcroft - 'Cathy Kelly weaves a fascinating tale of life, love and laughter. The book resonates warmth and humour and is a thoroughly enjoyable read.'
- Joy Bosworth - 'This is a typical Cathy Kelly - she's at her best.'
- Yvonne Richardson - 'A heart-warming read that I have recommended to several friends. Well worth reading.'
Between Sisters by Cathy Kelly
Meet the women of Delaney Square: Coco and Cassie haven't seen their mother since she walked out when they were five. Cassie has spent her married life making sure everything is perfect for her husband and children. Although it's left her so exhausted that wine o'clock comes a little earlier each afternoon...In her vintage dress shop, Coco is nursing a broken heart, determined not to get fooled again. Until a face from her past reappears...And something is keeping their grandmother Pearl awake at night. Was she right to do what she did all those years ago...? Between Sisters is the sparkling new novel about mothers and daughters from Sunday Times bestseller Cathy Kelly
'Emotional, believeable and smart, this is fiction at its best.' -- Isabelle Broom, Heat Magazine
'A heartwarming story exploring the bonds and ties that hold a family together ... You'll finish this page turner feeling like you have new friends.' ESSENTIALS
About the Author
Publication date20th October 2016
More books by Cathy Kelly
Author 'Like for Like'
Author's Facebook Latest
PublisherOrion (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd ) an imprint of Orion Publishing Co
CategoriesModern & contemporary fiction (post c 1945)
For me, to read is to learn, to reflect, to escape, to think, to contemplate and my time for space and calm.Sally Ellsmore
Because of Lovereading I have broadened my reading horizons with some really great books that I probably would never have chosen myself.Susan Walsh
Lovereading - a community of people passionate about reading and sharing their views. An incomparable website for book lovers.Helen Clark
Lovereading always comes up with great suggestions and has introduced me to enjoyable books and new authors to discover.Gaynor Passmore
A great place to go to find your next literary escape, and where you don't have to judge a book by its cover!Suzanne Beney
I 'Lovereading' because it lets me see what new books are around with a detailed synopsis and readers' reviews.Judith Sharp
As for why I'd recommend Lovereading, it's simple - it's a great place to get information and reviews about new books!Margaret Freeman
Lovereading has all the new books and also suggestions for 'similar' authors whilst waiting for your favourites new books.Carol Peace