Who's That Girl
£12.99 saving £2.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
April 2016 Book of the Month.
One kiss and your world falls apart, and you didn’t even instigate it! So this is Edie’s problem and the start of a light, highly infectious, delightful read from Mhairi McFarlane. Online persecution and abuse is beautifully handled and then Edie goes home to Dad and layabout sister to ghost an autobiography of a hot new film star. Naturally love blossoms but so does a fist full of problems as the media pounces. Edie has to cope with facing her own past and building a future. Great fun. ~ Sarah Broadhurst
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. Click here to read the full reviews.
- Hayley Rutland - 'The writing in this book crackles with wit and warmth and the characters are so well-developed and realistic I can still picture them now.'
- Suze Verbruggen - 'I often had a smile on my face while I was reading this book... I highly recommend this book, especially to people who are looking for a relaxing read.'
- Edel Waugh - 'This was such a fun read...If you enjoy an uplifting read this is the book for you.'
- Suzanne Marsh - 'Who's That Girl by Mhairi McFarlane is one hundred percent a brilliant story and so funny. With all the stress in our lives it is a joy to read a humorous novel with a brilliant plot.'
- Sarah Harper - 'With funny, insightful and moving moments and a sassy, confident and intelligent heroine, this will make a good summer read.'
- Nicola Southwell - 'I would recommend this as a good light-hearted view of the problems arising from doing something that is unacceptable, and how to put it behind you. Well written.'
- Janet Gilliard - 'I have read all of Mhairi McFarlane s books and she gets better every time.'
- Phylippa Smithson - 'Good coming-of-age story albeit at 35, even Edie herself is surprised it has taken so long. But at +500 pages, I found my interest waived.'
- Caroline Mathews - 'A funny, sad, entertaining and really enjoyable read - another winner from this fabulous author.'
- Gill Williams - 'Perhaps a little bit too long and a little bit too much breast beating on Edie's part but on the whole a well written, enjoyable light summer read.'
- Laura Lovelock - 'Mhairi is back with a hell of a bang. There’s women’s fiction and then there’s Mhairi. She stands head and shoulders above most with her witty, convincing and smart novels.'
- Megan Abbott - 'Overall, this has been one of the best rom-com books that I have read in a long time and would definitely recommend.'
Who's That Girl by Mhairi McFarlane
When Edie is caught in a compromising position at her colleagues' wedding, all the blame falls on her - turns out that personal popularity in the office is not that different from your schooldays. Shamed online and ostracised by everyone she knows, Edie's forced to take an extended sabbatical - ghostwriting an autobiography for hot new acting talent, Elliot Owen. Easy, right? Wrong. Banished back to her home town of Nottingham, Edie is not only dealing with a man who probably hasn't heard the word 'no' in a decade, but also suffering an excruciating regression to her teenage years as she moves back in with her widowed father and judgy, layabout sister. When the world is asking who you are, it's hard not to question yourself. Who's that girl? Edie is ready to find out.
'Her best yet. Mhairi is single-handedly dragging romcoms into the 21st century'
John Niven Praise for Mhairi McFarlane:
'Witty, sharp and giggle-inducing ... This is modern and honest romantic fiction at its most accomplished' HEAT
'Who will love it? Want-it-funny lit-lovers' GLAMOUR
About the Author
Publication date7th April 2016
More books by Mhairi McFarlane
Author 'Like for Like'
PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Ltd an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers
Hooked on books? Give Lovereading a go - for the chance to discover brilliant books, and to see why our members love it so.Claire Hill
I love the 'like for like' author recommendations, it's like an old friend whispering in your ear.Emma Caddick
Lovereading has all the new books and also suggestions for 'similar' authors whilst waiting for your favourites new books.Carol Peace
Lovereading is not only an amazing site, but it's one of my very favourites. It's like visiting a fascinating bookstore, but better.Rebecca Jayne Barrett
I love the honest opinions, recommendations for every genre and every reader, wish lists and Like for Like.Amrita Dasgupta
I read new, exciting writers and established authors before publication and there is a great website full of brilliant books and opinions.Lynda
I love Lovereading for the wonderful like for like author recommendations and for highlighting new books, it's a great resource for readers!Lindsay
For me, to read is to learn, to reflect, to escape, to think, to contemplate and my time for space and calm.Sally Ellsmore