The Book of LifeAll Souls Series
£7.99 saving £1.60 (20%)
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
Sarah Broadhurst's view...
April 2015 Book of the Month.
The arrival of this book on my desk made me extraordinarily happy. It allowed me to reconnect with characters I have come to love, yet it also made me sad as I really do not want this amazing series to end. It began with A Discovery of Witches one of the most original and compelling fantasy novels and continued with the remarkable story, Shadow of Night. You have to read them in that order. Rich, complex, engaging, intelligent and purely enjoyable I really cannot recommend this series highly enough.
The Book of Life is the final novel in the no.1 internationally bestselling All Souls trilogy. Step inside a world of breathtaking imagination, where history, science, magic and romance are woven into an intoxicating tale. In February 2011 Book One in The All Souls Trilogy, A Discovery of Witches was unleashed on the world and became a global smash hit. A Sunday Times and New York Times top ten bestseller it has gone on to sell over 1.5 million copies as well as being sold into 38 foreign territories and a Warner Bros film adaptation is underway. The sequel Shadow of Night, published in July 2012, was a No.1 New York Times and No.2 Sunday Times bestseller, surpassing the success of the first book.
If you like Deborah E. Harkness you might also like to read books by Francesca Haig.Who is Sarah Broadhurst
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title. You can read their full reviews by clicking here.
- Edel Waugh - 'a superb ending to the All Souls Trilogy.'
- Cathy Petersen - 'Deborah Harkness has brought to a stunning conclusion a paranormal romance trilogy of extraordinary depth, filled with such rich detail and populated by characters you either love, or love to hate.'
- Jennifer Rainbow - 'This book is addictive, thrilling, magical and heart-wrenching...there's so much more to this book than just romance. You will be left wanting more.'
- Josie Barton - 'The Book of Life is the place where history, science, magic and romance combine and where the ‘All Souls’ trilogy finally reaches its dramatic conclusion.'
- Debbie Patrick - 'I enjoyed all 3 of these books and feel quite disappointed now that they are finished. '
- Angie Rhodes - 'I was looking for something to fill the gap, after Twilight and this trilogy is it!'
- Sarah Jones - 'The final part of this captivating trilogy. The world will never be the same...'
- Fiona Ellwood - 'A glorious romp!'
- Sharon Lowe - 'The conclusion of the All Souls trilogy - thrilling captivating, page turning tale of love, witchcraft, time walking, vampires, everything in this story better than Twilight series.'
- Alison Greenacre - 'Loved it! A very satisfying end to an incredible trilogy.'
- Susan Walsh – 'Another thrilling tale in the All Souls Trilogy.'
The Book of Life by Deborah E. Harkness
THE NO.1 SUNDAY TIMES AND NEW YORK TIMES HARDBACK BESTSELLER Fall under the spell of Diana and Matthew once more in the stunning climax to their epic tale, following A DISCOVERY OF WITCHES and SHADOW OF NIGHT. A world of witches, daemons and vampires. A manuscript which holds the secrets of their past and the key to their future. Diana and Matthew - the forbidden love at the heart of it. After travelling through time in SHADOW OF NIGHT, the second book in Deborah Harkness's enchant-ing series, historian and witch Diana Bishop and vampire scientist Matthew Clairmont return to the present to face new crises and old enemies. At Matthew's ancestral home in France they reunite with their families - with one heart-breaking exception. But the real threat to their future is yet to be revealed, and when it is, the search for the elusive manuscript Ashmole 782 and its missing pages takes on a terrifying urgency. Using ancient knowl-edge and modern science, from the palaces of Venice and beyond, Diana and Matthew will finally learn what the witches discovered so many centuries ago.
'What a rich, thrilling and educational tale is... A captivating and romantic ripping yarn' -- E L James Guardian
'Intelligent and off-the-wall...irresistible to Twilight fans' The Sunday Times
'Spellbinding... Unputdownable' Woman & Home
'This is a glorious, finely-wrought gem of a book: intelligent, thoughtful, intricate... I could lose myself in here and never want to come out: what better accolade can there be? ...Utterly enchanting on every level' -- Manda Scott
'A bubbling cauldron of illicit desire...all the ingredients for an assured saga that blends romance with fantasy' Daily Mail
'A vast, sexy, historical romp of a novel. There's no doubting Harkness's vivid imagination' Daily Mirror
'An inventive addition to the supernatural craze...has exciting amounts of spells, kisses and battles, and is recounted with enchanting, page-turning panache' Marie Claire
About the Author
Publication date9th April 2015
AuthorDeborah E. Harkness
More books by Deborah E. Harkness
Author 'Like for Like'
Author's Facebook Latest
PublisherHeadline Book Publishing an imprint of Headline Publishing Group
Hooked on books? Give Lovereading a go - for the chance to discover brilliant books, and to see why our members love it so.Claire Hill
Lovereading is not only an amazing site, but it's one of my very favourites. It's like visiting a fascinating bookstore, but better.Rebecca Jayne Barrett
What can I say, the clue is in the title Lovereading - and awesome books.Sarah Davis
Because of Lovereading I have broadened my reading horizons with some really great books that I probably would never have chosen myself.Susan Walsh
I love the honest opinions, recommendations for every genre and every reader, wish lists and Like for Like.Amrita Dasgupta
You'll always find what you never knew you were looking for and you're always spoilt for choice.Helen Jones
It is a website dedicated to those who adore reading It really is a one stop shop for book lovers. Love it!Edel Waugh
Lovereading are lovely people who send me lovely books. What's not to love?Gavin Dimmock