LoveReading View on It Started with Paris
A great read, you are never disappointed with a Cathy Kelly. What happened in Paris was a marriage proposal. What happens in the book is the preparation, the family entanglements, the background to the various people involved, the moving of the day as the bride discovers she’s pregnant – the complications, the stress and then the resolutions and the big day. It is lovely through and through.
It Started with Paris Synopsis
It all started with Paris. At the top of the Eiffel Tower, a young man proposes to his girlfriend, cheered on by delighted tourists. In that second, everything changes, not just for the happy couple, but for the family and friends awaiting their return in Bridgeport, Ireland...Leila's been nursing a badly broken heart since her love-rat husband just upped and left her one morning, but she's still determined to put on a brave face for the bride. Vonnie, a widow and exceptional cake-maker, is just daring to let love back into her life, although someone seems determined to stop it. And Grace, a divorced head teacher, finds the impending wedding of her son means that she's spending more time with her ex-husband. After all those years apart, is it possible she's made a mistake? With her warmth and insight, Cathy Kelly weaves a delightful tale spinning out from a once-in-a-lifetime moment, drawing together a terrific cast of characters who feel like old friends. IT STARTED WITH PARIS is the sparkling new novel from No.1 bestseller Cathy Kelly.
It Started with Paris Reader Reviews
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Ann - 'Delightful and heartwarming story about love - love lost, love found and love regained.' Read full review >
- Christine Phillips – 'This book was really enjoyable. I loved reading about the characters and I laughed and cried with them all.' Read full review >
- Jenny Shirley - 'Thoroughly enjoyable read, likeable characters, all intertwined in a smoothly spun romantic novel that’s perfect for a relaxing nights reading.' Read full review >
- Sarah Mustafa - 'A lovely book to cosy up and read as the autumn nights draw in.' Read full review >
- Jan Kirkcaldy - 'A delightful mix of business life, relationships, lifestyles and attitudes all contributed to keeping you completely absorbed throughout. A very entertaining and happy read.' Read full review >
- Susan Walsh - 'Cathy Kelly writes splendidly about modern life and love in a wonderful way...A brilliant read.' Read full review >
- Sandra Rabiasz - 'The perfect accompaniment to a big cup of coffee and a plate of chocolate biscuits.' Read full review >
- Janet Gilliard - 'A must read. I would highly recommend this book. Close the curtains snuggle up in bed and read this lovely book.' Read full review >
- Edel Waugh - 'I am a big fan of Cathy Kelly's writing and this book reminded me of why I love her books so much.' Read full review >
- Ann Peet - 'Warm, entertaining and satisfying. Cathy Kelly excels at drawing you immediately into the story and making you care about her characters.' Read full review >
- Sophia Ufton - 'Beautifully written, this book made me cry but it was wonderful.' Read full review >
- Susan Burton - 'Feel good read as you would expect from Cathy Kelly.' Read full review >
- Joy Bosworth - 'This is an enjoyable book (and has a few nice interludes for the dog lovers amongst us), but it was not as engrossing as the earlier Cathy Kelly tales were.' Read full review >
- Hilary Nuth - 'I really enjoyed this book, it has a lot of strong female characters in it so definitely a book to recommend to your friends.' Read full review >
- Pam Kennedy - 'Enjoyed this book it was very easy to read with believable characters I would not say it gripped me but yes I did like it.' Read full review >
- Elisabeth Thomas - 'There is much more to this book than first meets the eye. I would definitely recommend this as a book perfect for cuddling down with on a cold winter evening.' Read full review >
- Sarah Harper - 'This perfectly crafted story flows with ease. It’s comfortable and heartwarming and you’ll want to savour every minute...This is Cathy Kelly at her best.' Read full review >
- Suzanne Marsh - 'What readers can expect from Cathy Kelly's new novel It Started With Paris is a busy jam packed storytelling about modern life with romance and heartbreak.' Read full review >
- Ailsa Hindhaugh - 'I personally give this book 5 out of 5. I would advise you to switch off your phone, pour a glass of wine and sit back and relax.' Read full review >
- Angela Rhodes - 'I really enjoyed reading Cathy’s new novel, as it wasn't the usual chic lit, it has so much more...The best book Cathy has written, and I love them all.' Read full review >
- Kim Kirrage - 'I have told my family and friends about it. I didn’t want to put the book down. I read it even when I wasn't supposed to ;) hehe...' Read full review >
- Rachel Hall - 'Dismiss this book as pure chick lit at your peril: it is much more accomplished than that...An absolutely adorable novel from start to finish that was a treasure to read!' Read full review >
- Wendy Stubbs - 'Lighthearted, heart warming interwoven characters who you could relate to. Every day lives bought to life through this book, a must read.' Read full review >
- Joanne Nuttie - 'I would recommend to others without any hesitation and will look forward to reading another of Cathy Kelly's books soon.' Read full review >
It Started with Paris Press Reviews
'The ripples from a couple's engagement reach out to others. Nobody can dictate what happens when it comes to love. By the end of Kelly's novels, i always feel I've made new friends. As warm-hearted and wise as ever.' WOMAN & HOME
'It Started With Paris is the latest feel-good novel from Cathy Kelly. When a young couple get engaged at the top of the Eiffel Tower, their happiness has a ripple effect on the rest of their families - with some surprising outcomes.' GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
'With delightful characters you'll be sad to reach the final page.' CANDIS
If you loved this, you might like these...
All versions of this book
Publication date: 26/02/2015
Publisher: Orion (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd ) an imprint of Orion Publishing Co
About Cathy Kelly
Cathy Kelly is published around the world, with millions of books in print. Cathy is the bestselling author of The Honey Queen, Once in a Lifetime and Between Sisters, and is a No.1 bestseller in the UK, Ireland and Australia. Her trademark is warm and witty Irish storytelling about modern life, always with an uplifting message, a sense of community and strong female characters at the heart.
She lives with her family and their three dogs in County Wicklow, Ireland. She is also an Ambassador for UNICEF Ireland, raising funds and awareness for children orphaned by or living with HIV/...
More About Cathy Kelly