Read the opening extract of the brand new Denzil Meyrick book before its publication on 14/05/2015
The Sky is Everywhere
£7.99 saving £2.00 (25%)
when in stock
As soon as this book is back in stock
we will send you an email.
Please login (or signup) to download the extract
You will need to Sign Up or Login before you can download a book extract.
To Sign Up all you need to do is give us your email address and a password and let us know the types of books you like. Thank you.
June 2010 Debut of the Month.
This is a debut novel that once read will never be forgotten. It's a vibrant, deeply romantic novel that will bring tears to your eyes but it will also bring laughter through the tears! It's also funny, sexy and deeply meaningful. This is the perfect book to share, between mothers and daughters, or amongst friends. Whatever your age, The Sky is Everywhere will touch your heart and stay with you always. Here at Lovereading we think it has the potential to be the Lovereading4kids debut book of the year for it embodies all the necessary magic and quality of the very best.
A message from the Publisher:
Probably the most beautiful book to be published. A stunning debut novel that will speak to women everywhere, from teenagers to thirty-somethings. The story is moving yet funny, the characters are memorable and engaging, and the book itself is uniquely designed with full colour throughout with a flexi cover and elastic bookmarker. For teens this is a story of first love and family life, for older readers it is a nostalgic celebration of dreams, love and sisterhood.
In addition to our Lovereading expert opinion some of our Lovereading4kids Reader Review Panel were also lucky enough to read and review this title.
- Millie - 'The book is an emotional rollercoaster. Literally laughing one second and crying the next. Throughout the book there are things that anyone can relate to which makes it even more exciting for the reader.' Read full review >
- Farah Alam - 'I really enjoyed this book and, found myself finishing it in one sitting...I especially love the notes that you get to read that Lennie leaves around her town.' Read full review >
- Ayesha Hall - 'The Sky is Everywhere is an amazing, inspirational book. Powerful yet innovating! Amazing book.' Read full review >
- Jade Craddock -'It is a very ambitious novel and to some extent I didn’t feel that it reached the dizzying heights it deserved, but overall this is a solid 4 out of 5 stars'. Read full review >
- Izzy Read - 'Overall it was a great different novel to read and I would advise every dreamy teenage to read it.' Read full review >
- Ella Grabsky - 'Despite dealing with a dark topic, this books manages to remain light and romantic. It was a novel that ended with you feeling satisfied.' Read full review >
- Lauren Coffman - 'This book was enjoyable and a real page turner.' Read full review >
- Ayesha - 'The novel was a work of art. From the writing to the palpability of the characters, to the love triangle, everything was just perfect.' Read full review >
The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
This is a vibrant, deeply romantic and unmissable debut. Seventeen-year-old Lennie Walker spends her time tucked safely and happily in the shadow of her fiery older sister, Bailey. But when Bailey dies abruptly, Lennie is catapulted to centre stage of her own life - and, despite her nonexistent history with boys, suddenly finds herself struggling to balance two. Toby was Bailey's boyfriend; his grief mirrors Lennie's own. Joe is the new boy in town, with a nearly magical grin. One boy takes Lennie out of her sorrow, the other comforts her in it. But the two can't collide without Lennie's world exploding...
Watch the trailer from Walker Books:
Praise for The Sky is Everywhere:
"Okay, I admit it. I've got a huge crush on this book - it's beautiful, brilliant, passionate, funny, sexy and deep. Come to think of it, I might even want to marry this book..." - Sonya Sones.
"WOW. I sobbed my eyes out and then laughed through the tears. I have not fallen in love with a story and its characters like this in a long time. Stunning, heartbreaking, hilarious. A story that shakes the Earth." - An Na, Printz Award Winner and National Book Award Finalist.
"The Sky is Everywhere is the kind of book you don't just read, you live. From the very first page, I fell deeply in love with its wonderfully kooky characters. In quiet moments I can still hear Lennie's funny, poignant voice whispering in my ear. A remarkable debut. Wish I'd written it !" - Sarah Webb, Irish Independent and author of the Amy Green series.
Review of ‘The Sky is Everywhere’ by Books for Keeps [5 stars]
At first sight I thought this was going to be romantic slush: an American tale of teenager Lennie, whose sister has suddenly and tragically died, and how she and her grandmother and uncle react and come to terms with their grief, getting to know each other in the process. However, there is much more to it than I first anticipated. The family has unresolved complexities; Lennie ‘s relationships with boys and other friends become complicated and we are soon enmeshed in a poignant and absorbing story as she begins to sort out what has happened and where her real feelings lie. Reminiscent of Sharon Creech’s Chasing Redbird or Cynthia Voigt’s Homecoming, there is much to ponder here and the treatment of complex and confused emotions, while not entirely realistic, is compelling, and the story lightly told.
The book is bulky and thick, with the dimensions and feel of a notebook and one of those handy elastics to keep it closed and to keep your place, and the text is sprinkled with pages representing the napkins, sweet wrappers and other scraps of paper on which Lennie has written ‘poems’ (her thoughts, more accurately) which she has left here and there, cast to the wind and which become a vital and touching part of the resolution of the story.
About the Author
Publication date7th June 2010
More books by Jandy Nelson
Author 'Like for Like'